Brust Given his release

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Brust officially granted release

'10 guard Ben Brust has has asked for and been granted his release from his Iowa letter of intent and will re-open his recruitment. (via Rob Howe's Twitter)

This Tweet from Rob Howe at hawkeyeinsider.com:

Ben Brust has has asked for and been granted his release from his Iowa letter of intent and will re-open his recruitment.

Re: Brust officially granted release

So much for that awesome recruiting class that was coming in

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not surprised by any of this. On paper this looked to be a good class, but we're coming off THREE HORRIBLE YEARS, I mean we're talking historically bad! Forgive me for not shedding any tears. If this opens up slots down the road for guys Fran likes, great.

The problem is he has no time to recruit for next year...something like 6 days. Iowa is going to win single digit games next year in Fran's first year....how many big time players are going to want to step into this mess?

If you have access to Rob's site you should read what he says there. The tweet isn't the whole story.

I'm not nearly as concerned with Brust's departure as with Larson's, though I could be wrong about both. There are a lot of good guards out there every year. I'd like to see Iowa sign Basabe and two juco guards and call it a day.

And Larson and Brust can fly off to wherever they'd like.

If you have access to Rob's site you should read what he says there. The tweet isn't the whole story.

I'm not nearly as concerned with Brust's departure as with Larson's, though I could be wrong about both. There are a lot of good guards out there every year. I'd like to see Iowa sign Basabe and two juco guards and call it a day.

Agreed. Let's get the horses in the barn and start moving forward.

I agree with this.

These are set backs, or at least they seem so now but thye shouldn't be unexpected. Really any of our out of state players / recruits leaving at this point shouldn't be too surprising.

Let's just hope we can grab a quality recruit or two, and move forward. Next year will be tough but every step forward from here is a step in the right direction.

Latest posts