Brommer

ibahawkeye

Dude had a hell of a game against the #1 team in the nation and gave the best performance of all the Hawks...

Are you now a believer?

Hahahahaha...I will never be a believer. He's just the guy that tries the hardest in a 20 point blowout while everyone else is just trying not to pick up an injury.

Hahahahaha...I will never be a believer. He's just the guy that tries the hardest in a 20 point blowout while everyone else is just trying not to pick up an injury.

Give him his due, he played his best game of his career, he is a D1 midmajor talent who has been very inconsistent to say the least, but tonight he was our mvp. Good for you Andrew, now put 3-4 good games together.

This is just another example of the trasition of this team, if Iowa can ever have the whole team playing well at one time, I would be amazed. Brommer played well tonight, but how will he play the next game?
Yes, Seth Gorney had some good games in his day, so far many more than Brommer, so no need to get all excited over one game out of 18.

Give him his due, he played his best game of his career, he is a D1 midmajor talent who has been very inconsistent to say the least, but tonight he was our mvp. Good for you Andrew, now put 3-4 good games together.

I gave him props like 3 times in the prediction thread already...time to get back to reality.

Brommer has a big 10 body and some decent skills but is increadibly inconsistent which isn't all that uncommon for some red shirt sophmores which in reality is what he should be.

Last edited:
Brommer's game has continued to improve this season as he has gained confidence. He does not get much respect, but IMO, he is on his towards earning it if he continues to improve. He sure outshined Cole tonight...sad, but true...

He averages 2 personal fouls and 3 points in 11 minutes per game.

Playing in 30 games in a season- one would hope a kid could have a couple good games.

It really doesn't mean anything. There isn't a significant sign of improvement.

I would put my money on Brommer not scoring 12 points in the next 2 games as opposed to him matching this again in the next 2 games.

Just going by averages.

No because he couldn't finish any post move he tried last night. Didn't defend great but did do a good job of going to the boards.

I you folks don't see a significant improvement in Brommers play, you don't know much about basketball. I am not just talking about last night.

Didn't defend great or finish? He had three blocks and drew four or five charges. He was 5 for 8 shooting. Made both of his free throws. Held sullinger well below his average. What do you want out of him?

Last edited:
My 2 cents on Brommer. Cole has been loyal Hawkeye, but he's a senior. I hate to even admit it, but next year we need to be much, much better than this year. I'd give Brommer, a junior, many more minutes than he's getting (possibly even start him). My thoughts are not based on one game. I know a lot of people bash him for fouling so far from the basket on ball screens, but he works his tail off hedging that screen trying to redirect the ballhandler towards half court, not the basket. He can make a jump hook, takes charges, and can rebound. And the big thing, he has next year, Cole does not. As others have said, consistency will tell the tale.

Can't believe all of the negativity on this thread. Kid played a good game. Yeah, he's been inconsistent but I'm pretty optimistic for him right now about the rest of the year and next year. Cautiously optimistic but optimistic.

Brommer had a great game. Missed some bunnies, but overall it was a great game on the road against the #1 team in the nation. This much is true.

I you folks don't see a significant improvement in Brommers play, you don't know much about basketball. I am not just talking about last night.

Didn't defend great or finish? He had three blocks and drew four or five charges. He was 5 for 8 shooting. Made both of his free throws. Held sullinger well below his average. What do you want out of him?

He had 12 points against Iowa State and scored 11 points total in his next 5 games.

He played 30 minutes last night. Maybe with those type of minutes logged we could see another game like the OSU game in the next 3 games.
Have to stay out of foul trouble first, that would help.

"significant improvement" is pushing it IMO.

You can judge his improvement with the naked eye... footwork, defense, rebounding I guess...... but his stats hardly suggest he has significantly improved.

Good game though.

Latest posts