Brommer

No because he couldn't finish any post move he tried last night. Didn't defend great but did do a good job of going to the boards.

Come on! Brommer had the game of his life, he is 6'9" and maybe, just maybe he is figuring some things out, Dan Monson offered him a full ride and then got fired for poor recruiting, Tubby Smith came in and pulled the offer, Lick came in and offerd him a full ride to play in the big ten, it is not his fault that he was not a big ten type player, how many of Licks recruits were? Brommer has stayed loyal, worked hard, stayed out of trouble, it is not his fault lick could not recruit, if he could give the Hawks some consistent post play this and next year he could be MVP, will it happen? probably not but at least there is a glimmer of hope

Brommer played 30 minutes because of the numbers he was producing, he did't get the numbers because of the minutes.

Brommer played 30 minutes because of the numbers he was producing, he did't get the numbers because of the minutes.

The numbers he was producing during the game last night.... or what he produced up to the game?

So it's fair to say he has NEVER played that well as a Hawkeye considering he has never played that many minutes? Which also suggest that it was more of a outlying source of data than any sign of any improvement really.

It's fairly logical to suggest that a player will put up more numbers the more minutes they're given.

Our players are improving under our new coaches. Haven't seen this in many years!

It is hard to watch sometimes but we are actually better than last year, IMO, it is just the big ten is so damn good this year. We could be a better team but actually finish 0-18 in the big ten.

The numbers he was producing during the game last night.... or what he produced up to the game?

So it's fair to say he has NEVER played that well as a Hawkeye considering he has never played that many minutes? Which also suggest that it was more of a outlying source of data than any sign of any improvement really.

It's fairly logical to suggest that a player will put up more numbers the more minutes they're given.

I get it you hate Brommer and can't see any improvement.

He played a pretty decent game but OSU was up 15 pts already when he got in. OSU was on cruise control for a lot of this game and didn't challenge him the way they would in a competitive game.

He still missed a couple of bunnies that you can't miss at this level.

He would not play on any other Big Ten team.

If we could combine Brommer and Archie into one player, they still wouldn't play on any other Big Ten team.

glad to see that he finally threw on down last night. I have been down on Brommer but i will say that he is starting to look more comfortable and confident with the ball. He still makes alot of mistakes but he is improving. that is all we can ask for at this point.

Last edited:
He played a pretty decent game but OSU was up 15 pts already when he got in. OSU was on cruise control for a lot of this game and didn't challenge him the way they would in a competitive game.

If the Bucks where on cruise control for much of the game, how come Gatens, May, Cole, Marble, Archie and McCabe where not getting any numbers? I guess they all just chose to lay off of Brommer. That was nice of them.

I thought Andrew had a very nice game against some tremendous athletes on the No. 1 team in the country. Nice to see after he was essentially flushed to the end of the bench and ignored by the previous regime.

I also thought he was helped by the officiating, which I felt was pretty consistent in what was a block and what was a charge. Just got a sense Andrew knew what he could and could not do. (It was not lost on me that Ed Hightower was nowhere to be found. He seems to have it in for slow, big Hawkeyes.)

If the Bucks where on cruise control for much of the game, how come Gatens, May, Cole, Marble, Archie and McCabe where not getting any numbers? I guess they all just chose to lay off of Brommer. That was nice of them.

Come on sioux it was just garbage mop up time when he got in 10 minutes into the game.;)

I thought Andrew had a very nice game against some tremendous athletes on the No. 1 team in the country. Nice to see after he was essentially flushed to the end of the bench and ignored by the previous regime.

I also thought he was helped by the officiating, which I felt was pretty consistent in what was a block and what was a charge. Just got a sense Andrew knew what he could and could not do. (It was not lost on me that Ed Hightower was nowhere to be found. He seems to have it in for slow, big Hawkeyes.)

Good points in the last paragraph, with the officiating in the Big Ten, it's nearly impossible to know what's allowed and what's not. The calls last night were pretty consistent all night. Didn't like the fact that Lauderdale was allowed to go over the back all night, but, hey, at least it was consistently not called.

Brommer may not be headed for the NBA, but he has grown tremendously since his freshmen year. The kid WORKS both off and on the court and the "fans" mock him.

If you don't think he's Big 10 material, that;s your perogative. But he's on our team, he works his butt off and he desreves props for his effort last night.

I'm glad to have him at Iowa. If he keeps up that work ethic by the time he's a senior I think he's going to be a big contributor.

Funny, when the football team recrutis a mid-major caliber talent we're excited to see them develop into the "next man in". But if they are on the basketball team, we bash them and wish they'd transfer to somewhere else.

Brommer may not be headed for the NBA, but he has grown tremendously since his freshmen year. The kid WORKS both off and on the court and the "fans" mock him.

If you don't think he's Big 10 material, that;s your perogative. But he's on our team, he works his butt off and he desreves props for his effort last night.

I'm glad to have him at Iowa. If he keeps up that work ethic by the time he's a senior I think he's going to be a big contributor.

Funny, when the football team recrutis a mid-major caliber talent we're excited to see them develop into the "next man in". But if they are on the basketball team, we bash them and wish they'd transfer to somewhere else.

That's a luxury you have in football where almost all freshmen redshirt one year before playing. You have 85 scholarship players plus probably another 20 walkons. When you have 8 scholarship players, you need them all to be effective and productive in order to be successful.

Because Cole didn't play much in the 2nd half, Archie was in for all of 4 minutes (and 4 minutes too long if you ask me). May was being guarded by Lighty who is probably one of the top 5 defenders in the country. Gatens had open shots and was just missing. McCabe played alright in the 2nd half and hit a couple of nice shots; marble missed some shots as well.

Look, I don't dislike Brommer, I just don't think he had as good of a game as the numbers reflect. He got some easy looks at the bucket and made most of them, but should have made a couple more. He did make his ft's which was good to see,

It is what it is and he is going to have to play because we don't have the depth and size to do otherwise. OSU didn't use Sullinger nearly as much as they could have because they didn't need to.

Everyone once and awhile, rain can shine on a dog's behind.

vader-fail.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts