Bring your hard hats: Official Iowa @ Indiana Game Thread

This was a game where everything went our way. We were on fire and they were cold. It also seemed like every loose ball and rebound went to us. It also seemed like our shots at the rim rolled around the rim and fell in while a bunch or there's rolled around and fell out. It seems like it's usually the other way around on that one. But it was just a perfect storm that helped us run a team that's probably quite a bit better than us (maybe not tho?) out of their own gym.

I really wish games like this would help fans remember that this shit happens all the time in basketball. It doesn't mean our players suck when it happens to us. It doesn't mean we need to fire Fran, or he didn't have the team ready. It just happens sometimes. A team gets hot on the same night as the other team is cold and shit snowballs. It sure is fun when we're on this end of it tho.

This was a game where everything went our way. We were on fire and they were cold. It also seemed like every loose ball and rebound went to us. It also seemed like our shots at the rim rolled around the rim and fell in while a bunch or there's rolled around and fell out. It seems like it's usually the other way around on that one. But it was just a perfect storm that helped us run a team that's probably quite a bit better than us (maybe not tho?) out of their own gym.

I really wish games like this would help fans remember that this shit happens all the time in basketball. It doesn't mean our players suck when it happens to us. It doesn't mean we need to fire Fran, or he didn't have the team ready. It just happens sometimes. A team gets hot on the same night as the other team is cold and shit snowballs. It sure is fun when we're on this end of it tho.
To me a large part of it was nobody other then TJD did anything. TP just owned their freshman guard Schifino or whatever his name is. Just owned him all night at both ends. Race Thompson got in foul trouble and he wasn't able to do squat either. You take out 2 of their big contributors compared to what our big 3 did with Murray TP and Rebraca and that was that.

I ended up watching the replay when I got home late last night. I enjoyed watching the hoser fans silent most of the game. That wasn’t a typo that did get hosed last night. Lol

It was good to see Kris with his energy mojo back.

I hope Tony has turned the corner finally and is now on CONSISTENCY AVENUE. If so, look out going forward. I know I picked him when he was a freshman to be an all conference guard before ending his career as a Hawkeye, but there were times this year I felt like I had gotten it wrong.

Fran has proven that his coaching staff knows how to coach up and develop centers and forwards. This should pay big dividends moving forward on recruiting trails.

I enjoyed skimming through and reading many of the comments on the game thread.

I ended up watching the replay when I got home late last night. I enjoyed watching the hoser fans silent most of the game. That wasn’t a typo that did get hosed last night. Lol

I hope Tony has turned the corner finally and is now on CONSISTENCY AVENUE. If so, look out going forward. I know I picked him when he was a freshman to be an all conference guard before ending his career as a Hawkeye, but there were times this year I felt like I had gotten it wrong.

Fran has proven that his coaching staff knows how to coach up and develop centers and forwards. This should pay big dividends moving forward on recruiting trails.

I compared him to Eric May coming in, but he has surpassed Eric's accomplishments, albeit with a better supporting cast.

Tony when he is on is the classic matchup nightmare-too strong for most guards and too quick for forwards. His two overtime tip ins vs Sparty were massive.

Like everyone else he just needs to avoid foul trouble. Still wish Fran wouldn't have pulled him for rest of the half at Northwestern.

Perkins might keep the 1st team conference player train rolling next year. It sucks for the rest of the conference that they are all fighting for 4 spots because 1 is reserved for the hawkeye's leading scorer.

Perkins might keep the 1st team conference player train rolling next year. It sucks for the rest of the conference that they are all fighting for 4 spots because 1 is reserved for the hawkeye's leading scorer.
You could make an argument against Kris making it this year. Edey, TJD, Dickerson, Boo Buie, and Young from Maryland will get an awful lot of love. Shannon at Illinois.

I still think Kris gets first team, and deserves it. Maryland has been getting a lot of love from the media all season however.

I think the jury is still out on them. Of course we met them only once, in Carver in a workmanlike win relatively early in the season, so who knows.

You could make an argument against Kris making it this year. Edey, TJD, Dickerson, Boo Buie, and Young from Maryland will get an awful lot of love. Shannon at Illinois.

I still think Kris gets first team, and deserves it. Maryland has been getting a lot of love from the media all season however.

I think the jury is still out on them. Of course we met them only once, in Carver in a workmanlike win relatively early in the season, so who knows.
Good point. The way Kris has been playing recently before last night has definitely opened the door. My post made it seem like him getting it was in the bag but it's probably not.

Latest posts