Bring back the yellow court and long nets??

Is it really that cheap? I figured it would be a decent expense--if not, there is no reason not to go for it.
The money we saved by not hiring Pearl, Dixon, et al should more than pay for a total revamp. Something this program desperately needs.

Something like this could go a long way in restoring some of the tradition and fun associcated with Iowa Basketball.

I say a big YES to the gold paint on the floor! Someone get a Facebook page going :)

I think what we've learned as fans is that we can have fun discussions about this sort of thing, but we really don't have any say in what is actually accomplished.

That said.....I like it the way it is.

Lets get short shorts too! And every player needs to have a fro!

How about we just play better basketball? Theres a concept...

Good luck with the new floor, do you have any idea how much that cost? Its a good chunk of money.

The black should go away, just like the Alford/Lickliter era. Bring back the golden years of Iowa basketball.

It does not cost that much to resurface a basketball court. A local high school resurfaces their's about 5 years--they have a company come in, sand it down, repaint it, coat it. It can't be too expensive.

Chump change relatively speaking. Every high school / YMCA has a court and they all seem to be finished. Of course a paint job would cost a few thousand dollars more, but who cares?

Lets get short shorts too! And every player needs to have a fro!

How about we just play better basketball? Theres a concept...

Good luck with the new floor, do you have any idea how much that cost? Its a good chunk of money.

WE are fans, not players. I'll trust Coach McCaffery to get things going there. Floor colors, uniforms, water towers, etc. are things fans like to talk about once in awhile. Especially when fan apathy is at an all time low, it's fun to talk about the little things with some enthusiasm.

Given that we're paying Fran $100K less per year than Lick, we should maybe be able to afford re-painting the freaking court. ANYTHING Iowa's Athletic Department can do to mix stuff up around CHA.

Absolutely not, it is so much better with the Black, the gold blends in and looks awful!!! Also, I do believe that Tonya was also into the games pretty good. So, Margaret is not the first excitable wife

Given that we're paying Fran $100K less per year than Lick, we should maybe be able to afford re-painting the freaking court. ANYTHING Iowa's Athletic Department can do to mix stuff up around CHA.

But is painting the court going to make Iowa any better at basketball?

I doubt it happens.

Absolutely not, it is so much better with the Black, the gold blends in and looks awful!!! Also, I do believe that Tonya was also into the games pretty good. So, Margaret is not the first excitable wife

Completely agree, I can't believe anyone would actually like the gold floor better, other than maybe because it brings back memories of a better product on the floor. Wins/Losses aside, the black looks way better.

Why has the hiring of McCaffery suddenly lead to resurgence of sentimentality for 1988?

Did everyone here just go and see Hot Tub Time Machine this weekend, and want to apply that story to their real lives?

Latest posts