Brian/Nate's Objective Performance

That is your thing, not mine. I don't assign values to coaches as to who deserves credit or blame. If the team wins, the coaches win and the players win. If the team loses the coaches lose and the players lose.

That's a load of crap and you know it!

But don't listen to me, listen to this guy:

The offense has been disappointing this year for sure.

Disappointing? How can that be? We're 6-2, #19 ! Everything's great!

You're not one of those crazies who thinks we should win every game are you? Gotta be in the playoff every year? I thought you were "reasonable"?

You're not one of those crazies who thinks we should win every game are you? Gotta be in the playoff every year? I thought you were "reasonable"?

I don't place blame on individual coaches (well I would say the buck stops with the head coach, but that isn't what you are talking about). If you were ever part of a team, you would probably understand that you win as a team and lose as a team.

I can be disappointed with aspects of the football team like everyone else. I'm just not a whining sniveling bitch who then complains about it non stop 24/7. I felt this was gonna be a offense that scored around 30 PPG, but I was way off, and it is disappointing. I imagine every player on the offense and Brian would tell you then would like to be better.

Brian needs to come up with something that is for sure. Unless Iowa will hire him a based on a bad resume as our HC. Seems like that might be a bad idea..............

There is nothing there performance wise yet that says hire me for Brian. Nada, nothing. Only in name, and it looks like keeping that name might drop us further down in the successful program rankings.

Have you ever been at a party where you're having a conversation with someone but you also keep hearing the conversation of two others who are standing next to you?

Well, I for one do believe that a recruit who doesn't really follow a conference would put a LOT more stock in a #14 ranking than a conference championship. There are teams out there that lose all their non-conference games and win their conference; and guess what? They don't get the top recruits.

Look at any FCS team - they can lose all their non-conference games to FBS teams and still go undefeated in their conference and win that. But they won't be ranked and top recruits won't even consider them.
that's because a team that loses all their OOC games and wins the conference plays in the Horizon

You're gonna have to try harder than that.

Don't take it out on us that you got weeded out of community college. It's not our fault.

Dude, you're a fucking hypocrite. You constantly--and rightly--jump IowaLaw for his long-ass, pointless, quasi-blog posts. Then you write a veritable tome of nothing more than personal opinion. Blah.

Of COURSE Brian Ferentz isn't ready to be HC. Duh.

Last edited:
How about points per offensive play? Is that an accurate assessment to compare the effectiveness of an offense?
I don’t think ‘points per play’ is perfect either. Some offenses, like let’s say a traditional Texas Tech offense, flings the ball all over the field and puts up gaudy points, but can also put defense in bad position with turnovers and bad field position. Iowa offenses are never designed to score quick, but rather methodically move.

That may be, but I'm not painting anything.

ISU, BC, and Mississippi State have zero effect on winning the West division or B1G title.

If conference titles aren't your measure of success (even BF has said that is the absolute goal everyone on the team/staff is expected to have), what are you playing this game for?

Just for fun? A participation trophy?

$5,000,000 a year to pass along to posterity.

I'm not sure if KF will directly name his successor but we all know he's never getting fired. He'll retire when he wants to. And I'm thinking he'll hold on until he has assurances from the powers that be that Brian is the next HC.

That’s extortion, Lol

Iowa offenses are never designed to score quick, but rather methodically move.

Which I think is somewhat ironic that our defensive philosophy is that college offenses cannot methodically move the ball down the field and score consistently. Hence the bend, but don't break.

Gotta give KF a lot of credit for believing in his offense tho!! ;)

But seriously this is what opposing defenses figured out against Iowa offense after KOK left the program, make Iowa put together 10+ play drives and settle for FGs. Under KOK we always had that playmaker who could get in the EZ. Under GDGD and now GDBF our passing game goes horizontal, and teams load up against the run since we can't go over the top consistently.

Since KOK left, it's taken CJB and Wadley to produce for our offense. Without those guys, we've been horrible (in conference) when it counts.

That’s extortion, Lol

quid-pro-quo-3.png

Which I think is somewhat ironic that our defensive philosophy is that college offenses cannot methodically move the ball down the field and score consistently. Hence the bend, but don't break.

Gotta give KF a lot of credit for believing in his offense tho!! ;)

But seriously this is what opposing defenses figured out against Iowa offense after KOK left the program, make Iowa put together 10+ play drives and settle for FGs. Under KOK we always had that playmaker who could get in the EZ. Under GDGD and now GDBF our passing game goes horizontal, and teams load up against the run since we can't go over the top consistently.

Since KOK left, it's taken CJB and Wadley to produce for our offense. Without those guys, we've been horrible (in conference) when it counts.
Scoring fast and often is so overrated. If you want to see what our problem at QB is, read the article on why KOK likes Petras. Really has me fired up to see that next year. At least our guys will be in the right spots when we can’t score again next year. How about a QB who can make a play when things don’t go according to the whiteboard?

Brass tacks, Fryowa. I like it.
No way I'm reading through 10 pages of many people trying to make that shit sound better than it really is.

121st in rushing on the road in a ball control O is disappointing?