Brandon Wegher Works Out At IA State Pro Day????

I didn't see it but supposedly the NFL network has a deal where they talked to him?.. I guess he wanted to work out at Iowa but KF told him nope. He'd admitted to NFL people he partied hard and didn't take classes seriously at Iowa, OU and was it Iowa Western it went to also? So of course ISU said come on in cause they are recruiting his little bro.

I didn't see it but supposedly the NFL network has a deal where they talked to him?.. I guess he wanted to work out at Iowa but KF told him nope. He'd admitted to NFL people he partied hard and didn't take classes seriously at Iowa, OU and was it Iowa Western it went to also? So of course ISU said come on in cause they are recruiting his little bro.

I can't blame KF for shutting the door on little bro. Honestly, with all the bombs BW supposedly dropped at the UofI, I strongly doubt the old man wants another fruit of his loins anywhere close to Iowa City. My guess is KF also would prefer not to hear from anyone with the last name of Wegher.

What was the deal with Wegher leaving? Was he asked to leave or did he leave on his own?

I thought it was just "radio silence" after he left, so obviously the message boards and twitter had some crazy rumors, then there was the paternity/child support court case that had actual stuff in it, but even that was years ago now.

He looks healthy. He seems to look like he finally has his shitick straight.

AR-150329802.jpg&MaxW=995&MaxH=500

His 2014 Morningside highlight vid is pretty impressive too (even taking into account the level of competition...he's a D1 back competing at a D3, but he did break the NAIA rushing record I believe)...

[video=youtube;pLF9896gZhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLF9896gZhQ[/video]

**Edit - I stand corrected. Morningside is NAIA, not DIII. Either way I think he set the single season rushing record and scored 39 rushing TD's.

Last edited:
His 2014 Morningside highlight vid is pretty impressive too (even taking into account the level of competition...he's a D1 back competing at a D3, but he did break the NAIA rushing record I believe)...

[video=youtube;pLF9896gZhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLF9896gZhQ[/video]

Did he ever get tackled in a D3 game? Those are a lot of long TD runs.

The kid tore it up and did what you'd think a D1 level kid would do at a program like that. I doubt he'll get drafted just because of his "baggage" But he'll be given a shot somewhere for sure just knowing how the NFL works. At worst he'll be a tackling dummy for camp like Jewel Hampton was. Maybe he ends up replacing AP up in MN who's not so happy to be there now haha.

Kind of harsh that our coaches declined to allow him to participate in Iowa's pro day. What happened to once a hawk always a hawk? I hope this kind finds a spot in the NFL. Skill position players in the NFL with Iowa pedigree are few and far between.

The guy averaged a hair over 3 TD's a game while at Morningside. If the guy is on the right side of things now, I'm all for giving him a 2nd chance & hope a team drafts him late & gives him a chance.

Kind of harsh that our coaches declined to allow him to participate in Iowa's pro day. What happened to once a hawk always a hawk? I hope this kind finds a spot in the NFL. Skill position players in the NFL with Iowa pedigree are few and far between.
Hawks have a rule where you have to be a current player at Iowa to participate in it... ISU evidently doesn't. There isn't a right or wrong way to do that just is what it is. Iowa doesn't owe him anything.

you try too hard.

I thought that once you start, you have 6 years to complete the four years of eligibility. If he stopped playing ball for two years...like I think he did...he should have been able to play for Iowa, right?

Not saying I'm right...just that is my understanding.

my assumption in answering your question was that he never left. i have no idea about 6 years for 4.

there was no chance of him coming back to iowa. none.

well since no one's posted his results yet, here's what I've gathered from twitter..
5'10.5"
40: 4.48
Vert: 37'
Broad jump: 9'10"
Bench: 23 reps

For comparison, UNI's David Johnson (ranked as 7th best RB on CBS, 9th best on NFL draft countdown)

6'1
40: 4.50
Vert: 41.5"
Broad jump: 10'7"
Bench: 25

Hope Wegher gets a flyer. Wish he would have worked out at Iowa.

Wegher's NAIA highlights are totally deceiving. I see no breaking tackles or lateral movement, all I see is a 24 year old man-child who can outrun E-level college defensive players.

He's not fast by NFL standards and he has a ton of baggage. Had he stayed at Iowa he'd have played his 4th season in 2012.

His chances of being drafted are zero. Best case is that he'll get invited to the right camp and make a practice squad and will get a chance to work or luck his way onto a roster.

But that's a really steep mountain for him to climb. It's more likely we'll see him playing arena league next year.

Wegher's NAIA highlights are totally deceiving. I see no breaking tackles or lateral movement, all I see is a 24 year old man-child who can outrun E-level college defensive players.

He's not fast by NFL standards and he has a ton of baggage. Had he stayed at Iowa he'd have played his 4th season in 2012.

His chances of being drafted are zero. Best case is that he'll get invited to the right camp and make a practice squad and will get a chance to work or luck his way onto a roster.

But that's a really steep mountain for him to climb. It's more likely we'll see him playing arena league next year.

The average 40-yard dash time at the combine from 2008-2012 was 4.59. Look at the top 15 rushers in the NFL last year, and their combine or pro day 40 times:

Sorted by total rushing yards in 2014
1. DeMarco Murray (4.41)
2. Le'Veon Bell (4.60)
3. LeSean McCoy (4.45)
4. Marshawn Lynch (4.46)
5. Justin Forsett (4.62)
6. Arian Foster (4.68)
7. Eddie Lacy (4.64)
8. Jeremy Hill (4.66)
9. Frank Gore (4.55)
10. Lamar Miller (4.34)
11. Alfred Morris (4.63)
12. Matt Forte (4.46)
13. Jamaal Charles (4.38)
14. Mark Ingram (4.53)
15. Joique Bell (4.68)

Wegher's time of 4.48 is better than all but six of those backs', and only Murray, Charles and Miller were significantly faster. As for his baggage? Have you been paying attention to the NFL lately? Even with all the outrage over domestic abuse, guys like Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald didn't have a lick of trouble finding a job for next season. If Wegher isn't drafted, it'll be because of his age, not his ability or baggage (which is several years behind him at this point).

The average 40-yard dash time at the combine from 2008-2012 was 4.59. Look at the top 15 rushers in the NFL last year, and their combine or pro day 40 times:

Sorted by total rushing yards in 2014
1. DeMarco Murray (4.41)
2. Le'Veon Bell (4.60)
3. LeSean McCoy (4.45)
4. Marshawn Lynch (4.46)
5. Justin Forsett (4.62)
6. Arian Foster (4.68)
7. Eddie Lacy (4.64)
8. Jeremy Hill (4.66)
9. Frank Gore (4.55)
10. Lamar Miller (4.34)
11. Alfred Morris (4.63)
12. Matt Forte (4.46)
13. Jamaal Charles (4.38)
14. Mark Ingram (4.53)
15. Joique Bell (4.68)

Wegher's time of 4.48 is better than all but six of those backs', and only Murray, Charles and Miller were significantly faster. As for his baggage? Have you been paying attention to the NFL lately? Even with all the outrage over domestic abuse, guys like Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald didn't have a lick of trouble finding a job for next season. If Wegher isn't drafted, it'll be because of his age, not his ability or baggage (which is several years behind him at this point).

None of Wegher's numbers were eye popping in any way to an NFL scout, PLUS he has baggage......The NFL will take chances all day long on supremely talented players, they don't do the same for guys who are a dime a dozen. Wegher doesn't stand out at all with those numbers, he played against inferior competition, and he has baggage. The NFL wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole on draft day even if he was 20 years old.

Latest posts