Brandon Wegher Works Out At IA State Pro Day????

"Somebody grab those damn cones"....."I need a tape measure"...."Where the hell did my stop watch go to?"....."We might only need a couple of chairs for the scouts"...:p

Hope he gets a look from the NFL and has a productive career. He seems to be trying to turn his life around, going with what he knows. And right now that's football.

Given that ISU is the team being most aggressive right now in recruiting Jack Wegher, I'm not surprised they took this opportunity to show some good will to Brandon.

Pretty embarrassing for ISU to have a pro day and the best player there didn't go to ISU. They do have the TE Bibbs whose ranked a ways behind Blake Bell who played QB at Oklahoma until last year. Another player the cyfans were convinced was a first round draft pick before the season started and thought he'd be a third rounder by the end of the season. If he has a really good pro day he might sneak into the 5th or 6th round. Did ISU have any other players work out.

so i watch channel 13 news. who takes top billing for their cyclone pro day bit? and they even interviewed him prior to talking about any of the rest of the clownz......

Let me see...Mark Weisman at tailback or Brandon Wegher. Hmmm...what might have been.

Honestly...that 7-5 season probably becomes 9-3 with a back like Wegher. What a waste...I saw him in the Senior bowl or some bowl down south. He looked really, really good. Quick, with vision...and a striking contrast to our slow, with no vision. Damn.

Let me see...Mark Weisman at tailback or Brandon Wegher. Hmmm...what might have been.

Honestly...that 7-5 season probably becomes 9-3 with a back like Wegher. What a waste...I saw him in the Senior bowl or some bowl down south. He looked really, really good. Quick, with vision...and a striking contrast to our slow, with no vision. Damn.

brandon is 24 now - had he realized he was going to college along with playing ball, his playing days would have been exhausted a couple years back.......iowa's backfield has certainly been snake bit for a long, long time.

brandon is 24 now - had he realized he was going to college along with playing ball, his playing days would have been exhausted a couple years back.......iowa's backfield has certainly been snake bit for a long, long time.

I thought that once you start, you have 6 years to complete the four years of eligibility. If he stopped playing ball for two years...like I think he did...he should have been able to play for Iowa, right?

Not saying I'm right...just that is my understanding.

Ouch.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php
"Also working out was well-traveled running back Brandon Wegher, the former Iowa freshman sensation who played for Morningside College last season. While Wegher looked the part today, scouts in attendance feel he has too much baggage to be brought into camp."

Ouch.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php
"Also working out was well-traveled running back Brandon Wegher, the former Iowa freshman sensation who played for Morningside College last season. While Wegher looked the part today, scouts in attendance feel he has too much baggage to be brought into camp."

I found this line amusing as well...
"Not in attendance was former Iowa State defensive lineman David Irving, whom I'm told is not allowed on campus."

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#2Kyw0JgPhehUfFTM.99

I found this line amusing as well...
"Not in attendance was former Iowa State defensive lineman David Irving, whom I'm told is not allowed on campus."

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#2Kyw0JgPhehUfFTM.99

Not allowed on campus just for trying to tell the rioters to "Stop"? Seems like he was trying to do a public service to me...

david-irving-stop-sign.jpg

Will the NFL think he'll be too old to take a chance on. Most RB's only have a few productive years in the NFL. I'd like to see him get a chance and see what he can do. As stated earlier, what could have been? He holds the record for TD's as a freshman at Iowa. What could have been? Damn it anyway!!

Latest posts