Bowl Game.

How about this for perspective? Most of the people on this board will spend their entire lives working their *** off and will never see the $3.8 million Kirk Ferentz receives in a year. $3.8 million to put out a mediocre product and go to some bowl nobody cares about! Now tell me, does that seem fair to you?

For as much money as he and the football team generate for the university, yeah, I would say that is fair. It isn't all about results on the field...as long as they keep going to bowl games and the money is flowing, that is good for Barta. Yeah, this season was disappointing, but the only people disappointed were the ones who thought Iowa would win more than 8 games this year. With what we lost that is unrealistic, and that is what this fan bases biggest problem is.

The four people who think I'm an idiot will watch. They're fine with being good ol' Iowa.
not sure why you are a fan....or at least why you constantly complain like it's going to change something. We've heard it from you for quiet awhile. Thanks for sharing....move on.

Iowa football is something I enjoy doing no matter how good they are. I will not deprive myself of something I enjoy because of other people's (the teams) decisions and performance.

Iowa football is something I enjoy doing no matter how good they are. I will not deprive myself of something I enjoy because of other people's (the teams) decisions and performance.

Relax, bcl. Cib the hero worshipper is asking me the question.

not sure why you are a fan....or at least why you constantly complain like it's going to change something.

And the alternative is what, do nothing? Just keep believing that KF knows what he's doing? No.

If you're fine with paying a coach $4 million to lose to ISU and Minnesota and go to the No-Name Bowl, then go ahead and keep doing nothing.

But if you're tired of watching this great program shoot itself in the foot weekly, then here's what I want you to do (yes, I'm stealing from "Network"):

I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

And the alternative is what, do nothing? Just keep believing that KF knows what he's doing? No.

If you're fine with paying a coach $4 million to lose to ISU and Minnesota and go to the No-Name Bowl, then go ahead and keep doing nothing.

But if you're tired of watching this great program shoot itself in the foot weekly, then here's what I want you to do (yes, I'm stealing from "Network"):

I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Are you feeling okay?

How many will spend a few thousand to actually go to one this year?

No, and I didn't go to San Antonio to watch a 6-6 team play again and I didn't last year to watch the underachieving fat-cats play again.

I figure my $2K yearly contribution to watch this sort of product at Kinnick is enough.

Latest posts