Bowl game NOT coming to Wrigley Field in 2020

we should have a bowl game in minneapolis, cleveland, indianapolis, fargo, erie, buffalo. am i missing any really nice cold weather cities? why the hell would you want to go to a place where its hot and has water and beaches? that isn't iowa!
Duluth. In a hockey rink in the UP. Siberia comes to mind.

Time to let every BB team into the NCAA tournament and institute a bowl for all Div-1 FB teams.

What the hell, why not?
There used to be the same number of teams. Basketball tourney vs. Bowl games. Yet nobody complains about all of the lousy basketball games. Don't care either way just saying.

The bowl games are for the fans and the players.

I love the bowls. Iowa actually has an ADVANTAGE playing teams in colder weather venues.

I would have no problem with a 7-5 Iowa team playing at Wrigley in Chicago. Chicago is great.

I draw the line at 6-6. I don't think 6-6 football teams should be rewarded.

I recollect that the 2006 Iowa team went to a bowl at 6-6. That was in the Alamo Bowl, and was a terrific game against Texas that Iowa almost won.

Kirk himself said this morning on a radio show you should have to have a winning record.

Creating more bowls is liking creating a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Long term solution for them will be to allow more teams to become D-1 programs, thus making their quota of teams with at least a 6-6 record. But then they'd just add more bowls and the cycle would never end.

Kirk himself said this morning on a radio show you should have to have a winning record.

Creating more bowls is liking creating a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Long term solution for them will be to allow more teams to become D-1 programs, thus making their quota of teams with at least a 6-6 record. But then they'd just add more bowls and the cycle would never end.

7-5 for a P5 school mostly likely has non winning record in conference. Nah

Ran a jaunt up to Wrigley once we go to the Chicago Bowl-a likelihood by 2024-by the wife last night. Didn't go real well. She looked at me like it was the dumbest idea she's ever heard from me. And I've had some really dumb ideas before.

Has anyone ever seen Gary Barta and Jim Delaney together in the same room?

Actually like the idea. 1) more football, the better 2)close proximity--many can easily make game. Games in FL/CA, etc cost more money and time and even planning (a vacation) 3) LOVE cold weather football--every time we lose to a FL school in Florida, or Texas school in Texas, I complain that we would whop em if they played us back home, instead of their backyard.

Don't understand why ppl complain about more football. Jeez, if 200 kids teams only reached 6-6--let them feel important for 3 hours and play in a dam bowl game

I'm all for more football but playing it on a baseball field in late December is a dumb idea IMO

I love it, a bowl game in the midwest! Make those warm weathered schools come play football in the midwest. Heck if tickets were reasonable I might go.

If a bowl game has to happen in the cold north, why not a dome? Why not Minneapolis or Detroit or Indy? Why an outdoor baseball stadium in Chicago?

Hell, Chicago already has Soldier Field that could host a bowl game. Also they have a MLS soccer stadium that has nearly perfect stands and dimensions for football and holds 20,000 people...more than would ever attend this crapfest anyway.
thumb_thats-a-bingo-well-known-bitches-inglorious-bastards-54200265.png

IduGXk0.gif

Latest posts