Bowl game NOT coming to Wrigley Field in 2020

guffus

Also, this will be a bowl game made up of 6-6 teams, so if you're playing in it, you deserve a shitty experience.

There is one small positive here. I'd love to see some of the southern teams (like Miami or FSU) have to play a cold weather game. Too bad it's not going to be the SEC vs BIG.

I love the idea of a high-speed contact sport being played right next to a brick wall. Because we all know how much the NCAA and B1G cares about player safety

Doesn't look that close really
De8CO5dV4AAIi0g.jpg:large

Doesn't look that close really
De8CO5dV4AAIi0g.jpg:large

You may be right, but I still don't get the point. I look at that image the same way I looked at the Pinstripe bowl...so many terrible seats and viewing angles. Not to mention Wrigley is notorious for obstructed views and steel beams in your face.

If you sat right behind home plate you wouldn't be able to see anything happening at all. The 50-yard line seats would be facing the corner endzone so you'd get a neck cramp turning your head all game. I remember watching Twins games at the old Metrodome and it was the same thing

Didn't learn much the first time around...did they?

Actually it could be said they learned a lot because it's complefuckdifferent

You may be right, but I still don't get the point. I look at that image the same way I looked at the Pinstripe bowl...so many terrible seats and viewing angles. Not to mention Wrigley is notorious for obstructed views and steel beams in your face.

The upper under decks and far back decks that have the obstructed views prob won't have butts in them anyway. The entire right field line lower deck is pretty much perfect. Outside of that then it's weird

I hate bowl games, other than the BCS games and a select few non-BCS (upper tier). It is so watered down now. Just a bit money grab. I think only the top 4-5 teams in a conference should get an invite to a bowl.

I know Soldier Field sometimes gets a bad rap, but really Chicago already has a decent stadium option available for bowl games in Soldier Field. With good site lines and a heated field. Its built for cold-weather football games in December and January.

Why they choose to put the bowl game in a baseball stadium instead justs shows how things work out sometimes.

I love Chicago. I, however, would skip this one if it's in late December or early January. There is not enough alcohol in that city to keep your ass warm at that time of year. Kids want to be rewarded for a good season...not penalized. Watching that ice skating match with Boston College last year was enough for me. Why?

LOL. If they learned a lot... they wouldn't be trying it again. Football game in a northern baseball stadium in the dead of winter, Still a bad idea.

Considering Wrigley has more football history than most division 1 football teams, I'll allow it.

Fans just stay home... For the love of God give them an empty ass stadium under 20% full for them to try and hide on TV. Since we can't count on the schools to turn down the $ to go. Don't pay to go and don't watch it on TV either. Enough is enough

The reason it isn't slated for Soldier Field is the (mistaken) notion the Bears will be hosting playoff games that time of year. And in fact, "regular" season NFL now seems to end about the same time as "loser" bowls are winding down toward the "better" bowls right before the NY6.

The reason it isn't slated for Soldier Field is the (mistaken) notion the Bears will be hosting playoff games that time of year. And in fact, "regular" season NFL now seems to end about the same time as "loser" bowls are winding down toward the "better" bowls right before the NY6.

So was the Pin Stripe for losers?

There will be 43 bowl games by 2020, where 65% of the teams will be in one. Is that because the "everyone deserves a trophy" attitude that's overtaken our country, greed, or both?

But the good news is that Kirk or Brian will just need to get to 5-7 to make a a bowl game. So there's that.

Latest posts