Boiler them up Hawks...Game thread.

Might be seeing some fatigue...the 8-9 man rotation has really been a 5-6 man rotation functionally...statistically for sure...I mean two of our top reserves we talk about scoring 6-8 pts....wait for it....over the last 5 games. Ouch.

The scary thing for me is you can’t expect us to win every single home game I don’t think. Penn State just won at the Breslin last night and Ohio State won at Michigan. Ohio State is going to be a very desperate team.

If we go 3-1 or 2-2 at home where does that leave us?
It leaves us where we normally are. Average, bubble team.

that’s my point have a NBA mindset, flush it and move on to Nebraska

I’d go a step further. The only good from this game...
1) A reality check.
2) A chance to rest. Seriously, this game is gonna be meaningless in a week. What’s the diff of losing by 15, 25, 30? Absolutely nothing.

Concede it. Play ur scrubs and rest ur studs. Given the limited options, Iowa is gonna need it down the road.

I’m 100% serious. If Fran has Garza, Joe Wies, CJ in past the first 5 of the second half, he’s foolishly burning legs and risking injury in a lost cause. That’s just being a stubborn dumbfuck.

If you’re melting down over this game, I hear ya. Ya gotta compete better then this. I expect Iowa to come out and cut into this lead. If they do, they have fight. If they don’t, flush it and move on.Either way it’s a road L, which most of us expected, ya just wish for much more fight then this.

Wonder what the mood is in the locker room at halftime

giphy.gif

If anyone loses hope for this season over this game or starts calling out players and coaches from this team, they should be banned immediately. Who cares. Flush it. 17-7 overall and 8-5 in BIG after Saturday is just fine.

Just keep winning at home at they will be fine. Nobody wants to see them get embarrassed at Purdue, but it's just one game that Iowa was expected to lose.

I sure hope there are no over reactions to this. When a team shoots 65%, 55% from threes, you tip your hat. It’s not even bad defense as they are making everything even when the shot is contested.

I’d like to see Iowa make a game of this but put this one in the loss column. I can’t wait for IowaHawkeye’s post!
There's been a few 3's where they booked vacations online, paid the Bill's, watered the hog..before having to shoot. And a lot of easy scores off offensive boards, layups..no defense and no intensity. Dont blame it on luck or hot shooting. Imagine how Luka, CJ, Joe would shoot against our defense tonight.

Purdue will not shoot this well in another game this season nor will most teams across the country. The Hawkeye Defense is not playing that bad. It’s hard to defend a team shooting the 3 at 60%. It’s just not normal.

Latest posts