Boiler them up Hawks...Game thread.

This is why the Hawks probably won't win the Big Ten and why they could possibly be bounced from the tournament quickly. Just simply no defense.
Except we HAVE had defense. We had a damn good one the last few weeks.

Which is why it's infuriating.

Well, that was a good scrimmage for Purdue. Might have worked up a moderate sweat. Playing HORSE from 3 as Iowa watched, helplessly, without energy.

This game was setup to be what it is. Iowa was on the threshold of a big opportunity, a road win, and a chance to win a Big Ten season outright.

We know how such things end, a Trail of Tears, with a lack luster effort, poorly coached team on display.

You can't make up a worse half against a team which is a terrible shooting team. Iowa heading home, whipped, wimps.

Or, a second half miracle!!!!

A 12-10 or whatever they are team that smokes teams at home I'm thinking....they fire up the a/c or wind tunnel or humidifier or sonic wave blaster on the opponent's end...how else can there be THAT big of a shooting or winning advantage. Home court is one thing but.....come on!!! Lol I'm scratching to make sense of it...lol...no proof. :)

I sure hope there are no over reactions to this. When a team shoots 65%, 55% from threes, you tip your hat. It’s not even bad defense as they are making everything even when the shot is contested.

I’d like to see Iowa make a game of this but put this one in the loss column. I can’t wait for IowaHawkeye’s post!

This game exposes what the three point shot can do...embarrass a team that plays casual defense on the road.

The scary thing for me is you can’t expect us to win every single home game I don’t think. Penn State just won at the Breslin last night and Ohio State won at Michigan. Ohio State is going to be a very desperate team.

If we go 3-1 or 2-2 at home where does that leave us?

Garza, JW, & CJ shouldn't play much if at all in the 2nd half.

No sense in one of them rolling an ankle trying to defend some Purdue player who's just going to throw up something behind his back and make it anyway.

Latest posts