Bohannon surgery -might miss season

It's better to just ignore him. He's never posted anything positive about any Iowa program. Literally not once. I'm pretty sure he's not an Iowa fan either. I hope he gets banned.

JBo might be near All American on the "right" team. Glad he chose Iowa as his right team.

Well shoot.....this is going to make next season even more difficult. Hopefully Joe T. can make positive contributions.

Sorry, folks. It runs in the family. :(
Seems like it's been a while since we've had a season-ending injury affect one of our higher scoring players. #NoJinx

latest

https://hawkeyenation.com/forum/thr...hip-for-next-season.87044/page-2#post-1845235

CJ Fredrick and Toussaint live up to Fran's praise. Wieskamp improves and gives us solid minutes at SG. Patrick fills in as a capable sub at SF. Connor makes off-season improvements comparable to the ones he made in high school. Nunge exceeds already lofty expectations. The combined powers of the McCaffery brothers are greater than the sum of their individual parts. Pemsl proves an excellent garbage man/energy guy. Garza proves that with a full offseason, he can become a first team all-conference guy. Till becomes Baer part II.

I am going to buy a powerball ticket as the odds are much better. ;)

We were short on guards as it was going into the off season. Now we lose our starting PG and starting SG, this is gonna be a shit season, I'd bet any amount of money on it at this point.

I agree with these sentiments.

Assuming Bohannon has to sit out this season, this is what we have lost so far stat wise:

Points per game: 44.5 (56.8%) of team points
Boards per game: 19 (53.2%) of team rebounds
Assists per game: 9.8 (62.4%) of team assists
Steals per game: 3.6 (58%) of team steals
Blocks per game: 1.7 (51.5% of team blocks

Assuming Bohannon has to sit out this season, this is what we have lost so far stat wise:

Points per game: 44.5 (56.8%) of team points
Boards per game: 19 (53.2%) of team rebounds
Assists per game: 9.8 (62.4%) of team assists
Steals per game: 3.6 (58%) of team steals
Blocks per game: 1.7 (51.5% of team blocks

Losing 3 starters who had eligibility left hurts bad. At least if Bohannon is out we can hopefully get someone who can shoot some 3s. (Just trying to 1 up Oldhawk in the "no idea how to properly dis a player" department)

My excitement for an Iowa basketball season hasn’t been lower than it now is for the coming season in a long time. Crazy because just a couple months ago I was thinking this team could make some noise in the B1G.

I believe it was you that started the thread about the off-season being a major disappointment for Iowa. Pretty hard for anyone to argue that now.

Very bad scenario: JBO misses next season
Even worse scenario: JBO tries to come back, fails, and loses his red shirt year.
I actually hope for his sake, he takes the red shirt and has a good chance to play at the top of his game in the future.

Talk about tough: The pain this kid must have endured, even with continued shots before games, must have been more than any of us could handle. And, he was still one of the big reasons we won 23 games. Geez.

It's better to just ignore him. He's never posted anything positive about any Iowa program. Literally not once. I'm pretty sure he's not an Iowa fan either. I hope he gets banned.
No, he's to easy to make an example of. And it's not like he's some thirty year old curmudgeon living in his parents basement. He sounds like he's well into his fifties. That make his unrelenting diatrol even more perplexing.

Probably throw a full ride scholarship to a guy that plays in intramurals on campus.

"Happy to get him, really smooth, been keeping an eye on him for a long time."

Wow just when a guy thinks maybe the annual summer bad news concerning BB has gone away it has come back with a vengeance. Used to ALWAYS be some during the off season. If there was BB news it was never good, but hasn't been anything significant for several years it seems. Craps of him redshirting for following year then next years news will be JW is going pro. Being optimistic and a Hawk BB fan can be challenging at times.

Well, shoot. If JBo can't play we will have gone in about seven weeks from having five returning seniors to having one.

Ryan K better be alert for ladders, broken mirrors, black cats, etc.

If JoBo misses next year, can someone make the case as to how this team isn't in trouble?
The homers will use it as the excuse for why we only win 8 games next year. As if Bohannon would create 15 more wins by being in the lineup.

So you're telling me that this injury has been known for a while in the program and ESPECIALLY by Fran, and he still ran off Moss?

No, I'm not waiting for 20-21 for a "special year" because of Fran's incompetence. It's just an excuse. Either win or get out.
If it was really known for awhile the extent of the injury and that surgery would be required then common sense would say that this surgery would have been scheduled sooner. So I don't buy into the thinking that this was known when Moss or Dailey made their decisions to transfer.

Latest posts