Bohannon surgery -might miss season

So you're telling me that this injury has been known for a while in the program and ESPECIALLY by Fran, and he still ran off Moss?

No, I'm not waiting for 20-21 for a "special year" because of Fran's incompetence. It's just an excuse. Either win or get out.

So you're telling me that this injury has been known for a while in the program and ESPECIALLY by Fran, and he still ran off Moss?

No, I'm not waiting for 20-21 for a "special year" because of Fran's incompetence. It's just an excuse. Either win or get out.

Fran said last week there was no chance of Moss returning and the surgery was obviously known about then.

Why would you think Fran ran Moss off? Fran didn't ask Moss to leave, Moss choose to leave.

Why would you think Fran ran Moss off? Fran didn't ask Moss to leave, Moss choose to leave.
Because guys that are three year starters at P5 schools typically do not transfer to unknowns.

I’m not saying Fran fan him off, but I don’t think Moss likes whatever he was hearing from Fran either.

We were short on guards as it was going into the off season. Now we lose our starting PG and starting SG, this is gonna be a shit season, I'd bet any amount of money on it at this point.

Dean if I agreed you would disagree.

Fran probably went all Tonya Harding on him to get Connor more minutes.
giphy.gif

Fran probably went all Tonya Harding on him to get Connor more minutes.
I think the scarier thing is Fran knew about this injury and had to know this scenario was possible. It also sounded like he knew Moss was leaving for a good amount of time. Given that he knew that and with all of the scholarships we had he should have been all in on a grad transfer, but as far as we can tell he wasn’t. Kicked the tires on a sit out transfer and finished runner about but that’s about all we’ve heard.

Fran will push the unexpected loss and injury card to ensure he get a few more years from Gary with his boys playing big minutes.

I was going to say no worries because Connor and Pat will pick up the slack.
My excitement for an Iowa basketball season hasn’t been lower than it now is for the coming season in a long time. Crazy because just a couple months ago I was thinking this team could make some noise in the B1G.

Wow this is worrisome. This team had a lot to work through and overcome already. I can't imagine how we have any chance to compete without Jbo. I know his defense sucks, but his scoring and assists always makes him a plus player. Fran's teams mostly suck at defense so I have a hard time finding faith that anyone else is going to be a huge add defensively.

Good luck with the surgery Jordan. Get well soon.
Did you just say assists? Lol. Wow

Is it too late for Moss to stay? This would really change the one situation he said he was concerned about. If it's not too late to change his mind, and he still leaves, it would pretty much mean he had other motives for leaving.
He left because the coach is turning into kf part two. Friends n family plan

Did you just say assists? Lol. Wow
His freshman year I believe he broke the Iowa freshman assists record (by 35 assists). His Sophomore year he was second in the B1G in assists behind only Cassius Winston.

Last year he played off the ball more so his assists numbers went down a bit.

I think it might be nap time old man. Bohannon has his shortcomings but passing / assists is not one of them.

I was super pumped to go to the Vegas tourney. I'm still going to go, because Vegas, but my optimism for a good season has gone down significantly. Cook, Bohannon, Moss and Baer all gone or out indefinitely. That's 3 starters and another guy who basically played starter minutes.

I hope Bohannon's recovery goes well for his own sake first and foremost, but also for the sake of the basketball team not being a complete dumpster fire.

His freshman year I believe he broke the Iowa freshman assists record (by 35 assists). His Sophomore year he was second in the B1G in assists behind only Cassius Winston.

Last year he played off the ball more so his assists numbers went down a bit.

I think it might be nap time old man. Bohannon has his shortcomings but passing / assists is not one of them.

It's better to just ignore him. He's never posted anything positive about any Iowa program. Literally not once. I'm pretty sure he's not an Iowa fan either. I hope he gets banned.

Latest posts