Bohannon crow anyone?

I think everyone has admitted that Jordan is better than they thought he would be. I didn't see one person ever predict this kind of play out of Jordan. That is why everyone likes him, he is totally exceeding expectations.
The kid is tough as nails. You can't deny that. If we had a guy with his mind set during last year's run we wouldn't have tanked at the end of the season.

He's shooting the ball way more than Yogi did at a worse clip as a freshman and will end up playing more minutes than him. But sure, I'm an idiot
so, just for clarification, he compares slightly worse than Yogi Ferrell as a Freshman and that is your "proof" that JBo isn't good? The same Yogi Ferrell that had one of the greatest college careers at one of the most storied programs in college basketball? 2 time first team big ten, and all-American Yogi? The same Yogi Ferrell that just signed a 2 year deal in the NBA? That is your watermark for judging JBo?

Well consider me speaking for every Hawkeye fan other than you (supposedly) when I say I will take a career slightly worse than Yogi and be ecstatic.

so, just for clarification, he compares slightly worse than Yogi Ferrell as a Freshman and that is your "proof" that JBo isn't good? The same Yogi Ferrell that had one of the greatest college careers at one of the most storied programs in college basketball? 2 time first team big ten, and all-American Yogi? The same Yogi Ferrell that just signed a 2 year deal in the NBA? That is your watermark for judging JBo?

Well consider me speaking for every Hawkeye fan other than you (supposedly) when I say I will take a career slightly worse than Yogi and be ecstatic.

Comparing Yogi to Bohannon is stupid on so many levels. I mentioned him shooting a lot and playing a lot of minutes as a reason he could possibly break records. If we had another PG he would be playing a lot less minutes and we'd be much better defensively. You can talk about his PPG all you want but he's 10th on the team in eFG%. He's a chucker

Comparing Yogi to Bohannon is stupid on so many levels. I mentioned him shooting a lot and playing a lot of minutes as a reason he could possibly break records. If we had another PG he would be playing a lot less minutes and we'd be much better defensively. You can talk about his PPG all you want but he's 10th on the team in eFG%. He's a chucker
Jeff Horner played 35 plus as a freshman.

Like I said, I like your perseverance but just stay down. You think you are Rocky in this fight, but you are really Apollo. If you haven't seen the movie, it doesn't end well for Apollo.

You are right. Yogi played same minutes on a much better team so didn't have nearly as much pressure to perform. JBo coulda done much better in that scenario

Like I said, I like your perseverance but just stay down. You think you are Rocky in this fight, but you are really Apollo. If you haven't seen the movie, it doesn't end well for Apollo.

And he still shot less than Bohannon does. Thanks for proving my point

So you LOVE Charlie Moore who is taking nearly 3 shots more per game than Jordan with the same eFG%......

This is really up there with the Coker thread as one of the GOAT threads on HN. I mean 56 never gives up. He's proven wrong by so many people so many times and makes insane statements that can't be serious but he refuses to give in. Clearly he's not an Iowa fan, and is playing out a troll but I don't think he realized that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has proven he is dumb and wrong yet he still thinks this troll is somehow cool

This is really up there with the Coker thread as one of the GOAT threads on HN. I mean 56 never gives up. He's proven wrong by so many people so many times and makes insane statements that can't be serious but he refuses to give in. Clearly he's not an Iowa fan, and is playing out a troll but I don't think he realized that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has proven he is dumb and wrong yet he still thinks this troll is somehow cool
He's the Norm Macdonald of trolls.

Reactions: DJL
And he still shot less than Bohannon does. Thanks for proving my point

Mike averaged 7.3 FGA per game over his career and averaged 26MPG. Was he a "chucked" or a volume scorer? I mean if Mike would have averaged as many MPG as Jordan then he would have been taking nearly the same amount of shot per game.

Mike averaged 7.3 FGA per game over his career and averaged 26MPG. Was he a "chucked" or a volume scorer? I mean if Mike would have averaged as many MPG as Jordan then he would have been taking nearly the same amount of shot per game.

Mike shot probably too much early in his career. Mike was 4th in FGA last year, not second

Mike shot probably too much early in his career. Mike was 4th in FGA last year, not second

Jordan has more shots because he plays more. Moss, Cook, Prmsl, Jok all average more shots per minute than Jordan does. They just don't play as many MPG.

Jordan has more shots because he plays more. Moss, Cook, Prmsl, Jok all average more shots per minute than Jordan does. They just don't play as many MPG.

Yep exactly. All those guys you listed have better eFG% too so I don't know why you don't just agree with me that better offensive players should be shooting more than Bohannon

Not sure you can be "far" from an elite player and still break records... just saying. He may not be at the Curry level but his play is comparable to Yogi Ferrell's FR year. Yogi started all 36 games w/ Jordan starting 18 YTD.

Jordan's numbers are obviously YTD: Stats from Fox Sports

View attachment 2538

If, if, if, if, if... you can say that about any position on any given year. Ridiculous/lame argument! He's been given an opportunity and has by far exceeding expectations! Even playing at the same level as recent All B1G point guard. What's your problem with that? You can't even troll an argument very well. What a joke.

Yep exactly. All those guys you listed have better eFG% too so I don't know why you don't just agree with me that better offensive players should be shooting more than Bohannon

So you admit he isn't a chucker, so that is good. Having nearly a 50% eFG% as a Fr PG is decent. Peter Jok wasn't close to that as a Fr and So, neither was Horner as a Fr. Plus what is impressive about Jordan is he is basically a 50% eFG shooter from 25'.......Cook and Pemsl range is 5' So of course they should be shooting a higher %

So you admit he isn't a chucker, so that is good. Having nearly a 50% eFG% as a Fr PG is decent. Peter Jok wasn't close to that as a Fr and So, neither was Horner as a Fr. Plus what is impressive about Jordan is he is basically a 50% eFG shooter from 25'.......Cook and Pemsl range is 5' So of course they should be shooting a higher %

Jok was pretty poor as a freshman and sophomore.

Jok was pretty poor as a freshman and sophomore.
It's weird that people get better. It's also weird that you expect Freshman and Sophomores to never struggle, and if they have a few bad game you think they will be terrible forever.

Horner played a ton of minutes in his 4 year career. That's the only reason he holds any records. Not my idea of a great Iowa PG. He wouldn't make my top 5.

Latest posts