Bohannon crow anyone?

Lets see how Jordan compares to his fellow 4* PG though in conference play to date.

Jordan is 10th in Scoring with 9.8 PPG

Jordan is 2nd in assists with 4.6 APG

Jordan is 7th in eFG% at 50.6%

Jordan is 4th in Offensive rating at 110.7

Jordan is 8th in the fake PER stat at 14.6

Jordan continues to stack up pretty darn well vs the top 4* PG recruits in the country. BTW their were 16 4* PG if you count Jordan. So all of those are ranks of 16 players. Jordan is in the top half of all these stats except PPG. Many of the other PG are strictly volume scorers though, and as the other stats bare out, aren't very efficient offensively like Jordan is. For instance Moore is averaging 11.5 PPG in conference play, but has an Orate of 96.2 and an eFG% of 43.9% He shouldn't really be shooting as often as he is at all, and is just a volume scorer

At leat we can put the argument to bed about not losing much point guard production from last year. Even twins can agree with that.

At leat we can put the argument to bed about not losing much point guard production from last year. Even twins can agree with that.

Great point. We certainly aren't losing much besides about 1 assist per game. We are for sure missing out on Mike's defense, but we are also missing out on Uthoff's and Woody's interior D as well.

I do love the "only conference play" matters guys, especially the ones that are giving Bohannon credit for unimpressive assists even though they wouldn't for Mike. I don't know so many of you can discredit Mike and call yourself a true fan

I do love the "only conference play" matters guys, especially the ones that are giving Bohannon credit for unimpressive assists even though they wouldn't for Mike. I don't know so many of you can discredit Mike and call yourself a true fan

you calling anyone out for being a true fan is rich. And no one discredited Mike - they pointed out that he racked up assists with 2 of the better jump shooters to ever play at Iowa at his disposal.

you calling anyone out for being a true fan is rich. And no one discredited Mike - they pointed out that he racked up assists with 2 of the better jump shooters to ever play at Iowa at his disposal.

So how were his assists unimpressive but Jordan's aren't? They literally are making the same passes

1. I never called em unimpressive 2. Mike had Jok, Uthoff, Sapp and Woody. JB has a group of guys who were playing their first meaningful minutes of college hoops... that has to count for something right?

1. I never called em unimpressive 2. Mike had Jok, Uthoff, Sapp and Woody. JB has a group of guys who were playing their first meaningful minutes of college hoops... that has to count for something right?

Mike had more assists than JB and Jok is averaging 5 more ppg. It's not the numbers that matter, it's the thought that someone can say Mike's assists were unimpressive but Jordan's assists are impressive.

Not that anyone needs further proof, but the last sentence in the post I quoted makes it even more obvious.

Not that anyone needs further proof, but the last sentence in the post I quoted makes it even more obvious.

What? You were the one discrediting someone who was a HUGE reason we made it to the NCAA Tournament 3 straight years, not me

What do you think of Jordan's performance in conference play compared to the other 4* PGs?

If Uthoff was on this team, I would point out that Jordan's assist totals were deceiving because we have two really good jump shooters on the team. It's not rocket science. If a player has 2 really good jump shooters to pass to (good at making contested jumpers at that) he's going to have inflated assist numbers.

Maybe Mike was good at feeding the post too and just didn't play with the right players. But considering how many times he passed up passing to players with good position, I doubt it.

If Uthoff was on this team, I would point out that Jordan's assist totals were deceiving because we have two really good jump shooters on the team. It's not rocket science. If a player has 2 really good jump shooters to pass to (good at making contested jumpers at that) he's going to have inflated assist numbers.

Maybe Mike was good at feeding the post too and just didn't play with the right players. But considering how many times he passed up passing to players with good position, I doubt it.

You say that like Mike and Bohannon have the same assist numbers. Mike averaged over 6 assists per game and that was playing with Sapp who averaged almost 4. Bohannon averages 4.7 and Jok is way better this year than last year

What do you think of Jordan's performance in conference play compared to the other 4* PGs?

I think that's a pretty stupid argument unless look at what their roles are and minutes per game. There are 4* PG's playing spot minutes behind multi year starters so just because Jordan averages more PPG than them doesn't mean he's better than them. Also conference play only stuff is pretty stupid as well since the non conference is important

If our schedule was reversed and we played 10 conference games before 13 non conference games, it wouldn't make much sense to separate them. But doing conference only stats helps show what has been done recently. What a true freshman did at the beginning of the year is irrelevant to me anymore.

You say that like Mike and Bohannon have the same assist numbers. Mike averaged over 6 assists per game and that was playing with Sapp who averaged almost 4. Bohannon averages 4.7 and Jok is way better this year than last year

That makes sense since this team doesn't have Uthoff and last year's did.

I think that's a pretty stupid argument unless look at what their roles are and minutes per game. There are 4* PG's playing spot minutes behind multi year starters so just because Jordan averages more PPG than them doesn't mean he's better than them. Also conference play only stuff is pretty stupid as well since the non conference is important

Are you trying to say there is more to the story than just stats? Get out of here!

Compared to 4* PGs, how do you think Jordan has performed in conference play?

Latest posts