Bohannon crow anyone?

I can't recall seeing posters be as critical of flat out say that Cook or Jok will never be any good. You have. Nobody is saying that JoBo is going to be the next Steph Curry, but most people understand that he is a true freshman playing a position that is pretty new to him. And most people are impressed with how he has handled it.

Being critical and trolling are 2 different things.

I said we wouldn't be very good if he was our starting PG and guess what we're not. I said the same thing about Williams. I have always been pretty high on Cook and Pemsl

Lol I'm with ya on that one. Hope that he & Williams transfer.

It's funny. Early on I said those two were our most important players. Both have been pretty bad. Luckily for us Pemsl, Bohannon, and Moss have filled the void. I've heard Williams is struggling with a back injury and Uhl's main problem is between the ears IMO.

Bohannon is better shooting free throws and threes than Mike. Mike was better at everything else

He's a better shooter period. He's also better at scoring in the lane. Mike just couldn't seem to finish in the lane. Mike was the better passer, but Bohannon is obviously still very young.

I assumed people were talking about Mike in his senior year. He could end up being better than Mike was if he became serviceable on defense. Time will tell

Why would you assume that? Comparing apples to apples. I don't compare freshmen players (who didn't start until the 7th game of the year) to 4 year starters and expect them to be better (especially in their first 14 games).

He's a better shooter period. He's also better at scoring in the lane. Mike just couldn't seem to finish in the lane. Mike was the better passer, but Bohannon is obviously still very young.

That's just wrong. He's shooting 32% from the floor. Mike never had a season even close to shooting that bad

So 56 has admitted Jordan is a better scorer than Gesell. He is on pace to be at least equal to Gesell with his assist/turnover margin (look at the numbers). It's obvious he was far more clutch than Gesell, AND he's only a true freshman.

Yet, all 56 wants to talk about is his poor defense. Someone remind me... Is that the only thing a player is measured by? Trololololol

So 56 had admitted Jordan is a better scorer than Gesell. He is on pace to be at least equal to Gesell with his assist/turnover margin (look at the numbers). It's obvious he was far more clutch than Gesell, AND he's only a true freshman.

Yet, all 56 wants to talk about is his poor defense. Someone remind me... Is that the only thing a player is measured by? Trololololol

No I didn't

No I didn't

Let me just simplify this for you.

You are wrong about Bohannon. You have been wrong the entire time, and he's gonna continue to keep proving you wrong throughout his career. It seems everyone here, including Fran and Jim Boeheim now, are on the same page. But not 56... nope. You're a moron. I don't usually like to resort to name calling, but sometimes there's just no other route to take. You're a complete moron who has no idea what he's talking about.

Let me just simplify this for you.

You are wrong about Bohannon. You have been wrong the entire time, and he's gonna continue to keep proving you wrong throughout his career. It seems everyone here, including Fran and Jim Boeheim now, are on the same page. But not 56... nope. You're a moron. I don't usually like to resort to name calling, but sometimes there's just no other route to take. You're a complete moron who has no idea what he's talking about.

Fran offered 8 PG's before he offered Bohannon. He was the definition of a fallback recruit. Don't give Fran that type of credit. He's better than Mike at shooting free throws and threes, otherwise Mike was better everywhere else.

If we have this stud PG, the best player in the B1G in Jok and Cook and Pemsl down low why are we so bad?

I thought we wouldn't see much of a drop off at all at point guard but was wrong. It was a pretty big drop off for the first 5 games or so. Now I think we are at least as good at point, if not better. It took 5 more games then I thought it would, so my bad.

Fran offered 8 PG's before he offered Bohannon. He was the definition of a fallback recruit. Don't give Fran that type of credit. He's better than Mike at shooting free throws and threes, otherwise Mike was better everywhere else.

If we have this stud PG, the best player in the B1G in Jok and Cook and Pemsl down low why are we so bad?

We aren't so bad. We started out bad because we had a bunch of freshmen. We are actually pretty good right now. Playing like a 10 seed, but have the resume of a bubble NIT team right now due to the bad start.

We aren't so bad. We started out bad because we had a bunch of freshmen. We are actually pretty good right now. Playing like a 10 seed, but have the resume of a bubble NIT team right now due to the bad start.

Lots of teams play a lot of freshman and still don't lose to bad teams. We just got murdered by Purdue who's currently losing at home to Minnesota, we're not playing like a 10 seed

I've always been pumped about Bohannon. Worst case scenario with him coming in was we had a PG that can shoot the three which is more than we've had in many many many years. He's playing even better than expected so hells yes!!

This thread indicates two things.

1) MG didn't live up to the prep-rankings hype.

2) Hawkeyes with initials JB are the most under-rated fockin awesome badasses of all time who command the love and respect of Hawkeyenation!

Let's compare Gesell's assist/turnover numbers as a true freshman to Jordan's. Both are 14 games into their career:

46 assists and 32 turnovers
65 assists and 32 turnovers

I'm gonna let you take a wild guess who is who there...