Bohannon crow anyone?

He kept it up for too long. He should have cut his losses a lot sooner and moved on to another troll.

In his mind he made the mistake of giving up on the Moss troll too early. When Moss struggled in Conference play, you could tell he wanted to break that one back out, but really couldn't after he already admitted that saying Moss was a "clear miss" was a mistake.

0 Pts, 0-5 Fg 1 Assist and 3 TO for an Orating of 7, that was Charlie Moore's line

19 pts 7-12 FG 11 Assist and 1 TO was Jordan's line

Don't look now. Charlie Moore season PER (including last night) is 13.6. Bohannon's PER (not including tonight) was 13.6. Looks like Jordan will take the lead in that (meaningless) stat as well. :)

Probably the long lob to Pemsl (?) in the lane. Nothing Pemsl could do with it and he stepped out-of-bounds with a foot (no Gopher NIT rule).

I hope they didn't give that TO to Pemsl; just a bad pass.

Oh, 56 will be back after ISUx plays in the NCAA.

Even if they lose he'll crow NCAA appearance >> NIT win.

And God help us if ISUx manages to win a game or two.

Oh, 56 will be back after ISUx plays in the NCAA.

Even if they lose he'll crow NCAA appearance >> NIT win.

And God help us if ISUx manages to win a game or two.

He really can't, or at least shouldn't. I mean the idiot tried to troll the following:

-Iowa won't make the NIT
-Iowa has bottom 4 talent in the B1G and Iowa will finish 9th or lower

He just has nowhere left to go with this. He wasn't close on anything he "predicted" and he boxed himself into a corner with his own troll.

Don't look now. Charlie Moore season PER (including last night) is 13.6. Bohannon's PER (not including tonight) was 13.6. Looks like Jordan will take the lead in that (meaningless) stat as well. :)

Jordan 14.3 PER
Charlie 13.6 PER

PERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Freshly updated number of Jordan Bohannon vs the 15 4* PG from the class of 2016:

Jordan 7th in scoring at 10.5 PPG
Jordan 2nd in Assists at 4.9 APG
Jordan 2nd in eFG% at 52.2%
Jordan 6th in Orate at 110.2
Jordan 7th in PER at 14.3

So out of 15 4* Pg and Jordan (15 total players as Gilbert was out for the season with an injury), Jordan finished in the upper half of all the stats that I was tracking all season long. Jordan ended up beating Charlie in APG & PER, and crushed him in eFG%, and Orate

Jordan is not just one of the best freshman PG's in the B1G - he's one of the best in the country. I am stoked to have a stud PG for 3 more seasons. It's funny how often Iowa fans, and sports fans in general lack the ability to see what they have on their own team until it's too late and they are gone. Aaron White was a giant scapegoat on this board during his time at Iowa.

JBo is becoming my favorite Hawk. I think he has an underdog mentality and was told by a lot of coaches and people that he wasn't a D1 talent. And let's be honest, had Fran gotten a couple of other guys, JBo may have never gotten his shot. Well he's made the most of it and might need some new motivation because he's proven he belongs.

I think he continues to improve in terms of setting up his teammates. He is getting very good at getting the ball to guys like Cook and Pemsl at the right times/right spots and JBo's defender can't double down and leave him open for 3 allowing the posts to have more space to operate.

He'll never be the best player and D will always probably be a weakness but I just like his demeanor on the court and I love watching a shooter when he gets hot and he's just a gamer.

JBo is becoming my favorite Hawk. I think he has an underdog mentality and was told by a lot of coaches and people that he wasn't a D1 talent. And let's be honest, had Fran gotten a couple of other guys, JBo may have never gotten his shot. Well he's made the most of it and might need some new motivation because he's proven he belongs.

I think he continues to improve in terms of setting up his teammates. He is getting very good at getting the ball to guys like Cook and Pemsl at the right times/right spots and JBo's defender can't double down and leave him open for 3 allowing the posts to have more space to operate.

He'll never be the best player and D will always probably be a weakness but I just like his demeanor on the court and I love watching a shooter when he gets hot and he's just a gamer.

Great post. Every player has strengths and weaknesses. Here is what I think Jordan will improve on next year:

-Cutting down on the silly turnovers. Most of his TO are of the not thinking/dumb variety.
-Leadership. I think Jordan is a natural leader with his confidence. With Jok gone, I think Jordan is going to step up his leadership on the team
-Pull up game. I think Jordan will begin to learn how/when to take it all the way to the basket and when to pull up for a floater or jump shot. I though he did a great job getting to the rim vs SD, but then again that is a mid major program and that stuff won't go down vs B1G opponents
-Defensively he will get better as he gets stronger, and works on his lateral quickness. He will never be a plus defender, but I think he stops being a liability.

I think what will also continue to be apparent is that he simply spaces the floor having the ball in his hands. Teams can't sag like they did vs Mike, they have to guard him out to 25' and when you do that, passing lanes inside will open up. We really struggled to score down low the last 4 years, as all teams just sagged off Mike and Sapp and clogged up the lane. Now teams can't do that.

Either way, Jordan completely and totally surprised me and I'm guessing MOST of HN this year, something tells me he still has room to surprise us even more.

He looks like one of the most confident players on the court at this point of the year, this season is going to pay off for Iowa.

Latest posts