Bo Ryan has a problem now.

lightning1

He doesn't recruit Final Four level talent. He found gems in Kaminski and Hayes. Dekker and Koenig were highly rated and local players, so that helped. But going forward, unless he somehow manages to recruit highly rated players, he's reached the top of his coaching curve. What's the Badger faithful going to do when he fails to get back to the FF over the next 5 or 6 years?

I wish the hawkeyes had this problem. Not too bad of a pinnacle to have.

Bo is probably ready to retire in about 5 years if not fewer.

Yeah it's pretty sad how Bo has run that program right into the ground. I heard they only finished 2nd in the nation this year. Pathetic.

troll much? wisconsin beat the best overall team in the tournament. Duke had the easier road to the nc game. Head to head duke still may be better than baders in a seven game series, but duke had the fresher legs in the game.

I think bo can retire happyily if that was his last final four still.

His biggest problem in recruiting may be the fact that he'll turn 68 at the beginning of next season, meaning that these 4 year guys may see a coaching change. If they're top rated guys, this may be used against him in recruiting.

Got that Fran?

Troll troll troll yer boat..

So subtle but anywhooo, had any epic driveway bball games!?!? Please keep us posted

Back to back Final Fours and you think the Wisconsin program has problems? I wish Iowa had those problems.

I wonder if Tony Bennett will take the Wisconsin job when Bo retires?

Troll troll troll yer boat..

So subtle but anywhooo, had any epic driveway bball games!?!? Please keep us posted
Just with my 14 yr old son. Epic is hardly the word I'd use to describe my skills these days. Still good enough to crush your sorry arse in a game of one-on-one. I don't blame you for not wanting to play. You'd get embarrassed by a 44 yr old man......and that would suck.

I guess I don't understand the responses. I didn't know that Bo was 68, however. That makes it unlikely he Iwill experience any backlash for failure to maintain.
I'd love to have his problem at Iowa, don't get me wrong.

I wonder if Tony Bennett will take the Wisconsin job when Bo retires?
I thought about that but he's got it pretty good at Virginia. Easier access to fertile recruiting grounds. If he gets paid in the top 10 - 15 range, I'd stay.

Just with my 14 yr old son. Epic is hardly the word I'd use to describe my skills these days. Still good enough to crush your sorry arse in a game of one-on-one. I don't blame you for not wanting to play. You'd get embarrassed by a 44 yr old man......and that would suck.

44? You should don't act like it.

I didn't realize that this board was full of old farts.

Jon, what are you going to do in the a couple of years when your clientele has died off?

I didn't realize that this board was full of old farts.

Jon, what are you going to do in the a couple of years when your clientele has died off?

dd8cb75524159b7d56ba2e87d519d231.jpg

He doesn't recruit Final Four level talent. He found gems in Kaminski and Hayes. Dekker and Koenig were highly rated and local players, so that helped. But going forward, unless he somehow manages to recruit highly rated players, he's reached the top of his coaching curve. What's the Badger faithful going to do when he fails to get back to the FF over the next 5 or 6 years?

Ryan and Wisconsin have made deep runs in the past with less. Actually, I see this run helping their recruiting for a couple years & beyond that if they can sustain it. His technical style and low turnover game will always keep them in games. He's already adjusted from years past a bit & changed the speed & style a bit. This is probably the closest to the old "sound" b-ball teams you will see with this day in age with one-on-one plays and isolations. This is one of the few "team ball" teams out there that pass to create a mismatch then exploit it.

If anything might become a detriment to Wisconsin, it would be adjusting to a quicker shot clock that is a hot topic right now. Wisconsin would not want this as this can really muck with their meticulous style.

Lol i bet ur such a baller. Yer 44??

LOLOLOL EVEN BETTER

Latest posts