Bo Ryan has a problem now.

He doesn't recruit Final Four level talent. He found gems in Kaminski and Hayes. Dekker and Koenig were highly rated and local players, so that helped. But going forward, unless he somehow manages to recruit highly rated players, he's reached the top of his coaching curve. What's the Badger faithful going to do when he fails to get back to the FF over the next 5 or 6 years?

His status as a Hall of Fame Coach will never be tainted by anything that could happen in the next few years. My God, he got Wisconsin to back to back final 4s.
He has coached teams with high level talent (the current team) and teams with average talent. He has won with them all.

His status as a Hall of Fame Coach will never be tainted by anything that could happen in the next few years. My God, he got Wisconsin to back to back final 4s.
He has coached teams with high level talent (the current team) and teams with average talent. He has won with them all.
I agree. I'm speaking more about the fans.
Think how Iowa fans felt about Kirk Ferentz in Feb of 2010. Coming off of an Orange Bowl win. If you would have said that we'd be wanting to run him out of town the same time five years later.......you would have been laughed at more than Jj.
Nobody is immune to raised expectations. I'm merely pointing out the possibility that it could happen to Bo.

Now that Decker is gone, Wisconsin won't be a guaranteed loss for anyone next year.

With Decker gone now, you can Bet Cha Houze that Bo won't finish in the top 4 of the B1G again this year. They lose 72% of their points, 64% of their rebounds and 70% of their assists from last year.

Returning players look like this:

Hayes 12.4 PPG
Koenig 8.7 PPG
Showalter 2.4 PPG
Brown 1.8 PPG

Newcomers:
Happ (RS FR)
Pritzi (FR) (4*)
Illikianen (FR)
Thomas (FR)
Iverson (FR)

None of the incoming Fr outside of Pritzi are highly touted kids. Now that doesn't make a difference usually for Wisconsin, but they usually take a couple years to develop. You think Bo would like Uthoff on the roster right now??

I didn't realize that this board was full of old farts.

Jon, what are you going to do in the a couple of years when your clientele has died off?
Maybe Jon will be facing the same problem that Wisconsin will when Bo retires. Us old folks are going to be dying off. Of course it takes a lot less effort for me to type on a keyboard than it does for Bo to coach. I guess I only have around 30 years left here.

With Decker gone now, you can Bet Cha Houze that Bo won't finish in the top 4 of the B1G again this year. They lose 72% of their points, 64% of their rebounds and 70% of their assists from last year.

Hayes 12.4 PPG
Koenig 8.7 PPG
Showalter 2.4 PPG
Brown 1.8 PPG

Newcomers:
Happ (RS FR)
Pritzi (FR) (4*)
Illikianen (FR)
Thomas (FR)
Iverson (FR)

None of the incoming Fr outside of Pritzi are highly touted kids. Now that doesn't make a difference usually for Wisconsin, but they usually take a couple years to develop. You think Bo would like Uthoff on the roster right now??

Wow that's ugly.

Hayes 12.4 PPG
Koenig 8.7 PPG
Showalter 2.4 PPG
Brown 1.8 PPG

Newcomers:
Happ (RS FR)
Pritzi (FR) (4*)
Illikianen (FR)
Thomas (FR)
Iverson (FR)

Everyone always under estimates Bo and the Badgers. They will still find a way to finish in the top 4 or 5 teams.

Latest posts