Blackout uniforms for Saturday

Forgive me if someone said this and I missed it. They will be unveiled Saturday at 4:30 on "hit film" online. There is a blurb on Hawk Central about it. I don't know what "hit film" is.....

Thanks. Unfortunately by that time I'll probably be wearing my own form of blackout

Forgive me if someone said this and I missed it. They will be unveiled Saturday at 4:30 on "hit film" online. There is a blurb on Hawk Central about it. I don't know what "hit film" is.....

That is what is tweeted out each week from @hawkeyeFBvideo

[tweet]663060874576302080[/tweet]

Here was the hit film before the Maryland game:

[tweet]660501508253847552[/tweet]

I personally love that the team will be sporting "black out" jerseys. As long as we don't turn into the Ducks wearing a different jersey every game, I'm good with it.

Last edited:
Tradition is based on the Steelers.... let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our current uniforms were a copycat replacement at one time. It is time to evolve and if you can create a fun atmosphere to come play then I say go for it.

well there is a song called 100 BLACK COFFINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-goyzOzndE

Quite possibly my favorite movie of the past 10 years.

procombat_isu.jpg

I really like this design but I'm hoping for the tiger hawk to be a little bigger and I'd rather see the gold be more like our old gold rather than a shimmery type of gold.

Knock it off already. My Iowa football boner can only get so erect. Pretty soon I'm going to have to call a physician.

I've never embraced the dull paint matte look. just looks dull to me.

I think it looks sharp for 1 game a year. Also I think it matches the theme of a "blackout" game since it doesnt reflect light like the regular shiny helmets do.

So apparently they are going to tinker with the uniforms again. I never understand why some feel the need to change perfection. Perhaps next year the powers that make these decisions will change our colors to, I don't know, orange and green or something. Or change the Iowa Fight Song to another tune they think is catchier. Rename Kinnick Stadium maybe? I know. Let's move all the games to Davenport!!
O.K. O.K., as you can tell, I'm a traditionalist. I for one wish whoever is in charge would leave the uni's alone. They are part of what makes us I O W A, and I hate to see them changed...even for a game or two or whatever. We're the black and gold, not the black and black.

Not sure if serious.

We do a throwback/alternate uniform about once every 3-4 years. That's a far cry from tinkering with the uniforms and renaming Kinnick Stadium.

Not sure if serious.

We do a throwback/alternate uniform about once every 3-4 years. That's a far cry from tinkering with the uniforms and renaming Kinnick Stadium.

I love the uniforms...and as you said its once every few years. I wouldn't have a problem with one game a year. It adds a little excitement and hype. I don't see it hurting anything.