Bilas mentions Iowa as possible title contender

If you don't have insider, here are some things from the article.

"Because there are no dominant teams like there were in 2007-08 or 2008-09, it would not be at all shocking to see a team like Colorado, Iowa State or Oregon get hot and reach the Final Four in Dallas. It could be that kind of season, and those seasons can be all kinds of fun."

Rankings (best suited to reach Final Four):
1. Arizona
2. Louisville
3. Syracuse
4. Mich St
5. Florida
6. Duke
7. Wisconsin
8. Oklahoma St

Also receiving votes:
Ohio St
Kansas
Kentucky
Gonzaga
Oregon
Wichita State
Iowa

Nice article from Bilas, there is more parity this year than I expected in CBB.

Odd to me that he mentioned Iowa and didn't even mention ISU.

He does "mention" them in the article, but doesn't have them on the actual list. If you look up the make-up of the teams between Iowa and let's say Iowa State or someone similar. I would say Iowa is better suited to make a deep run.

Reasons being Iowa is ...
+deeper (not only fatigue, but more foul trouble doesn't hurt as much)
+longer (gives shorter teams problems, able to play a more effective zone against quicker teams)
+ability to draw fouls

sure you can find more

He does "mention" them in the article, but doesn't have them on the actual list. If you look up the make-up of the teams between Iowa and let's say Iowa State or someone similar. I would say Iowa is better suited to make a deep run.

Reasons being Iowa is ...
+deeper (not only fatigue, but more foul trouble doesn't hurt as much)
+longer (gives shorter teams problems, able to play a more effective zone against quicker teams)
+ability to draw fouls

sure you can find more

Hmmm did you watch last weeks game? Doesn't look like you did.....

Hmmm did you watch last weeks game? Doesn't look like you did.....

Do you understand the difference between winning ONE close game on your home floor and winning FOUR or more on a neutral court? Do you know the difference between having a week to prep for a home game and a day to prep for a deep team on a neutral court. It doesn't look like you do...

Do you understand the difference between winning ONE close game on your home floor and winning FOUR or more on a neutral court? Do you know the difference between having a week to prep for a home game and a day to prep for a deep team on a neutral court. It doesn't look like you do...

I would say ISU would probably have a better grasp on that than Iowa does.

Iowa has a deep, tall, experienced, veteran team...

Fred pieced together a team with 3 newcomers in our starting line up, we didn't play particularly well, and we still won.

The tourney is all about match ups so you're mistaken if you think Iowa has any better chance at making a deep run.

ISU is a very difficult team to match up with. Iowa is a difficult team to match up with. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see one or both in the Elite 8.

I look around college basketball and tend to agree with his overall point, that it's wide open this year.

Fred pieced together a team with 3 newcomers in our starting line up, we didn't play particularly well, and we still won.

The tourney is all about match ups so you're mistaken if you think Iowa has any better chance at making a deep run.

ISU is a very difficult team to match up with. Iowa is a difficult team to match up with. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see one or both in the Elite 8.

I look around college basketball and tend to agree with his overall point, that it's wide open this year.

How does ISU winning AT HOME BY 3 gives ISU a better chance to make a deep run in the tournament where all games are played on a NEUTRAL court?

How did Iowa State not play well last Friday? And dont say free throw shooting because they shot right around their average.

ISU averages 91 PPG and scored 85 on Friday.

ISU shoots 49.1% for the year and shot 46.4% Friday night.

ISU averages 19 assists per game and had exactly 19 on Friday.

Where they got killed is on the boards.

ISU played a pretty typical game on Friday and was lucky to sneak a win out at home.

How does ISU winning AT HOME BY 3 gives ISU a better chance to make a deep run in the tournament where all games are played on a NEUTRAL court?

They have demonstrated they can win close games against good teams??Just guessing.

How did Iowa State not play well last Friday? And dont say free throw shooting because they shot right around their average.

ISU averages 91 PPG and scored 85 on Friday.

ISU shoots 49.1% for the year and shot 46.4% Friday night.

ISU averages 19 assists per game and had exactly 19 on Friday.

Where they got killed is on the boards.

ISU played a pretty typical game on Friday and was lucky to sneak a win out at home.

So Hilton Magic is real then? I'm confused on this forum sometimes. Posters go so far to belittle ISU that they don't even realize they are taking the **** out of the Hawks.

Latest posts