Bilas mentions Iowa as possible title contender

ISU is a good team, you can't argue against that. They also have the benefit of a good early schedule. An average team at the beginning of the season wins some games and gains confidence, which turns them into a good team. ISU's schedule couldn't have been better. Michigan, Iowa with Baylor and Kansas coming up...all at home. I will give them the BYU win as being a good win because it was on the road, but BYU gave that game away in my opinion. I kept saying to myself, what is BYU Doing?! Michigan is now 6-4 and BYU 8-4. ISU's main issue could be their lack of bench. Also, will they continue to win on the road? Next road game is at a bad Texas Tech team.

I though last year's ISU team was actually better than this years, but Iowa won last season because the game was at Carver

You're not taking anything away from ISU, you're taking things away from Iowa. I don't get the bolded I've seen it thrown out alot since the game. If they were very close to their averages then wouldn't that mean ISU was...well...average?

Uh, not if their "averages" are good. If a team averages 100 PPG on offense, and they score 100 their next game.. "Meh, that's an average offense". I think not.

So if ISU continues to score 90 PPG, you will consider that average? Or Duke's usual 30 wins per season.. Just average? Interesting perspective.

I just LOL when people think that ISU or Iowa is gonna come out and hit all their season Avg. against quality teams......ISU played well, they just faced a team that is as good as them.....this means you aren't going to dominate the stats like you will against Auburn.

I get the thought process, because it was an uneven performance from half to half and some players played pretty poorly. However numbers ended up pretty consistent with season averages overall with the exception of a few players.

I though last year's ISU team was actually better than this years, but Iowa won last season because the game was at Carver

They might have ended up better but they were horrible in the noncon. I had thrown in the towel on the season after the Yale game.

Uh, not if their "averages" are good. If a team averages 100 PPG on offense, and they score 100 their next game.. "Meh, that's an average offense". I think not.

So if ISU continues to score 90 PPG, you will consider that average? Or Duke's usual 30 wins per season.. Just average? Interesting perspective.

Good to know we're talking about two completely different things.

Latest posts