Big Ten Tournament Thread

If Rutgers wins tonight, they will advance to the finals. With a win tonight, we play Michigan tomorrow. If we win that one, we play Rutgers. Do we have to beat them twice? From what I've found in the past, I would say no (2016, 2018), but was wondering if someone could clarify just in case...

If Rutgers wins tonight, they will advance to the finals. With a win tonight, we play Michigan tomorrow. If we win that one, we play Rutgers. Do we have to beat them twice? From what I've found in the past, I would say no (2016, 2018), but was wondering if someone could clarify just in case...
No, the championship game is single elimination. This happened to Iowa a few years ago when they lost to Ohio State in the championship game after beating them earlier in the tournament.

FT5aXShWYAAcUoY

With Rutgers beating Indiana this morning they advance on to the championship game. This pushes the Iowa/Michigan game back to 1 o’clock. I’ll post the game notes when they come out.

Really enjoyed watching large parts of yesterday's games between outdoor activities. The Hawks are a scrappy bunch. Was glad to see Heller play some small ball when needed this weekend, and not be shy about pulling pitchers quickly if they don't have their good stuff. Bizarre to think that after playing 50+ games this season, their entire season comes down to 2 games: win 'em and they go to the Big Dance, lose and they probably go home.

Brody Brecht has been named as the starter, this makes the game even more interesting. The freshman has not pitched since May 15th.

I‘m also wondering if Mazer’s back is still bothering him.

Brody Brecht has been named as the starter, this makes the game even more interesting. The freshman has not pitched since May 15th.

I‘m also wondering if Mazer’s back is still bothering him.
Having thrown something like 95 pitches just 3 days ago, can't believe they would have brought back Mazur even if he was feeling good.

Having thrown something like 95 pitches just 3 days ago, can't believe they would have brought back Mazur even if he was feeling good.
Michigan is starting theirs. O'Halloran is getting the start for Michigan and he started Thursdays game.

O'Halloran threw 88 pitches against Illinois and that game went into the early morning hours of Friday. Mazur pitched Thursday morning

Unfortunately Iowa cannot get any offense going through 2 innings. They are down 2-0 heading to the 3rd

Latest posts