Big Ten Pulse: My involvement

If it is any consolation, my wife thinks you have a very nice voice... Well, she didn't say you were ugly looking, but rather only commented on your voice when I have been listening to talk radio or watching the show.

My personal vote is that Adam Rittenberg taps out after 3 years of doing the Big Ten Blog. Though he does a solid job and seems to give the Hawks respect, I think Jon would be a MUCH better fit. You know so much about the Big Ten and you bring the rare mix of professionalism and a fan perspective.

Either way, best of luck. If Cyclone Fanatic has anything to say about it, KXNO will have an opening when Matt Perrault gets fired because of there sad little boycott. Silly Cyclones, winning is for Hawks.

Well they really didn't do you any favors with the Thursday night time slot and going against the game on ESPN.

Not to mention Always Sunny and The League. I made apoint of tryign to tune in but only made it on a Thursday once and caught a couple of replays. It appeared to me they replayed every other show about a half dozen times but it was really hard to find a replay of the pulse. Thursday is just a busy TV day

+1

If they kept LeCharles and dropped Jon, I would be absolutely flabbergasted.

Jon, you were hands down the better of the two.
+1
I can't believe they keep that clown that does the friday night tailgate but got rid of your segment. Yours was more of the more interesting things on the BTN IMO.

I typically felt like LeCharles really knew his stuff, but he hadn't really gotten the hang of how to handle the PTI format. When you're limited to 90 seconds or 2 minutes, you can't speak slowly. Jon did a pretty good job of keeping a quick (but still understandable) pace, which is what makes shows like this fun to watch. I mean Wilbon and Kornheiser are EXCELLENT at that. I think LeCharles probably would have caught on eventually if given more time, and the show would have really taken off. Jon and LeCharles really had a solid dynamic, with LC leaning towards the traditional powers and Jon to the underdogs of the conference.

Anyway, I was happy to see Jon get the opportunity, and I thought he handled it very well. Best of luck in the future, I'm sure something else will come along before too long!
Agree on all counts. It was my favorite show on the BTN.

If its the right fit I would love to do something with the BTN again. But glad I will be on assignment for them from time to time now. Knowing what I know now I still would have done it. Great experience and I know I can do it. Knowing is good enough

So, Jon....do I keep my DVR set for The Pulse tonight, or the rest of the season, or not?

(Geez, now I know how Derek Smalls felt when he asked David St. Hubbins if they were going to do "Stonehenge" again!)

My personal vote is that Adam Rittenberg taps out after 3 years of doing the Big Ten Blog. Though he does a solid job and seems to give the Hawks respect, I think Jon would be a MUCH better fit. You know so much about the Big Ten and you bring the rare mix of professionalism and a fan perspective.

Either way, best of luck. If Cyclone Fanatic has anything to say about it, KXNO will have an opening when Matt Perrault gets fired because of there sad little boycott. Silly Cyclones, winning is for Hawks.

Cyclown boycott?

How would one even know if that was happening?

You did a good job on that show. Poised and intelligent. Another opportunity will come.

This is kind of a "bromance" statement, but they did a nice job of softening your look (you looked good!!). I would continue shaving the eyebrows.

Jon,
I am not saying this because I knew you back in the day, but your show was my fav on the BTN... yes LB annoyed me and thought he was short sided but he seemed like a good guy. I think you got put in a tough spot to suceed in a short amount of time. Thursday night not a good night and your co host just wasn't there. I am overly impressed on how well you handled this and I am not just saying this but you alomost looked too good for the BTN as if you had been doing this for a major network for some time. Things happen for a reason bro... it's around the corner.

Cyclown boycott?

How would one even know if that was happening?

Yeah, Matt spent like 45 minutes pointing out that Pollard had openly admitted that ISU needs other teams (ie Iowa, Neb, UNI) to get over 50K at a game. And while Matt may have beat a dead horse, all he did was make fun of the admission.

So some CyFan idiots are trying to start a boycott of the KXNO sponsors.

I think most the above posts capture my sentiments as well. I liked the show and it's format and I thought you guys were developing your chemistry over the weeks. I agree LB could stand a bit more polishing, but that is irrelevant now.

I think your knowledge in reference to Big Ten football is very good and something the BTN will hopefully come back to you for. You would make a great "host" with perspective and could keep a show flowing. I think a BigTen talkshow format (ie Oprah, Leno et al) would work well on the BTN, and I think you would make a perfect host. Pitch that idea to the BTN execs that be.

As always, thanks for representing us (and reporting to us) Hawkeyes with class and heart.

Yeah, Matt spent like 45 minutes pointing out that Pollard had openly admitted that ISU needs other teams (ie Iowa, Neb, UNI) to get over 50K at a game. And while Matt may have beat a dead horse, all he did was make fun of the admission.

So some CyFan idiots are trying to start a boycott of the KXNO sponsors.

If they can't even get 45K coming off a huge win on a perfect night against a top ten team I'd say those sponsors have nothing to fear.

;)

on Big Ten Network . com

Presented by Ro*Tel and Velveeta, Rick Pizzo, Tim Doyle and J Leman co-host this weekly show focused on the hottest topics and most pressing issues involving the Big Ten and college sports.

Seriously? Rick Pizzo and Tim Doyle? Those guys drive me nuts. I can't really remember much about J Leman.

Latest posts