Big Ten Network Tonight at 6

image on the main page of the BTN webpage...

BigTen-Divisions-512-by-355_20100830164628_640_480.JPG

So are we going to get a 2011 schedule tonight as well or do we have to wait on that? Love to see what the last week of the Big 10 schedule 2011 looks like.

I kinda like the picture's divisions

Division A --- Division B
Ohio State --- Michigan
Nebraska --- Penn State
Iowa --- Michigan State
Minnesota --- Wisconsin
Illinois --- Northwestern
Purdue --- Indiana

but I doubt they'd do that

Jon:

As far as impact goes, it will kind of suck if sEcSPN has this right and we have been discussing it all day here before your Big announcement.

What would have been really smart is for the conference to have leaked some false information to figure out who has the loose lips and to mess up the competition.

However, it seems that the MSU guy might be a good place to start.

I kinda like the picture's divisions

Division A --- Division B
Ohio State --- Michigan
Nebraska --- Penn State
Iowa --- Michigan State
Minnesota --- Wisconsin
Illinois --- Northwestern
Purdue --- Indiana

but I doubt they'd do that

Kind of what I thought, then you could match up the helmets with the protected rival as well by their placement:

Row 1 inside OSU-Mich
Row 1 outside Neb-PSU
Row 2 inside Iowa-Wisc
Row 2 outside Ill-Ind
Row 3 inside Purdue-NW
Row 3 outside Minn-MSU

Last edited:
That is interesting.

Actually, the picture makes perfect sense.

Over the last few weeks they have been saying that the competitive breakdown goes like this

Tier one: OSU, UM, Nebby, PSU (Front Row)
Tier two: Wisky, Iowa (Second Row Center)
Tier Three: NU, Purdue (Third Row Center)
Tier Four: Illinois, MSU, Minny, Indiana (Outside after first row)

That is how the helmets are lined up. Doesn't matter what side they are on.

Last edited:
I'd love to break all this stuff down with you guys right now, and once the show is over tonight I am going straight to the hotel and am gonna write for three or four hours. I can't wait.

But for now, I gotta remain mum..in fact, Jim may be monitoring this post as we speak ;)

Jim, get Maryland into the conference, thanks in advance.

Kind of what I thought, then you could match up the helmets with the protected rival as well by their placement:

Row 1 inside OSU-Mich
Row 1 outside Neb-PSU
Row 2 inside Iowa-Wisc
Row 2 outside Ill-Ind
Row 3 inside Purdue-NW
Row 3 outside Minn-MSU

This is what I initially thought too, however if the ESPN report is true, jNW, Minny, and MSU are in the same division thus will not/cannot be protected rivals.

Actually, the picture makes perfect sense.

Over the last few weeks they have been saying that the competitive breakdown goes like this

Tier one: OSU, UM, Nebby, PSU (Front Row)
Tier two: Wisky, Iowa (Second Row Center)
Tier Three: NU, Purdue (Third Row Center)
Tier Four: Illinois, MSU, Minny, Indiana (Outside after first row)

That is how the helmets are lined up. Doesn't matter what side they are on.

Ding, Ding, Ding... I think we have a winner!

Kudos for you for thinking outside the box!

This is actually a great marketing move by the Big 10. On the eve of the college football season when all are pumped up & in a frenzy, announce the new Big 10 alignment. This is what a lot of people & media are going to focus on a lot the rest of this week & into next. A lot of attention is good for the Big 10 & this is a strategic move & good one.

Last edited:
This is actually a great marketing move by the Big 10. One the eve of the college football season when all are pumped up & in a frenzy, announce the new Big 10 alignment. This is what a lot of people & media are going to focus on a lot the rest of this week & into next. A lot of attention is good for the Big 10 & this is a strategic move & good one.

Absolutely. Also, when you consider that OSU is one of the biggest names playing on Day One, it also adds to the excitement.

no way Wisc will be paired with Iowa ... Wisc will be paired with Minn or there will be a revolt

Latest posts