Big Ten Bracket Simulator

Here's the good news. If Illinois loses out, we get the 4 seed. We had to beat illinois no matter what happened tonight, so the only thing this changes as far as big 10 tournament goes is we need Ohio State to beat them too.

Here's the good news. If Illinois loses out, we get the 4 seed. We had to beat illinois no matter what happened tonight, so the only thing this changes as far as big 10 tournament goes is we need Ohio State to beat them too.

In terms of the BTT this loss means little. As you said, the Illinois game is the big one.

But it’s a killer for NCAA seeding. Iowa was projected as a 5 seed in a few brackets. That’s gone unless the get 2 great wins next week

In terms of the BTT this loss means little. As you said, the Illinois game is the big one.

But it’s a killer for NCAA seeding. Iowa was projected as a 5 seed in a few brackets. That’s gone unless the get 2 great wins next week

We pretty much turned the Illinois game into a must win. If they win it, we will probably project as a 6 seed before the big 10 tournament. So frustrating today.

Slim chance Iowa wins at Ill-swine-eye. With having to play somewhere between 2.5 to 4 vs 5 every game, (Joe W is officially a non-factor to liability), rational expectation calls it a solid loss.

So, basically, Iowa is all but guaranteed the 6 seed. Still, if Purdue beats Rutgers at home, they would have a decent lineup of beatable opponents - Rutgers, ILL-swine-eye, MSU. Teams that if they beat could erase this embarrassing, seed-busting loss.

If Rutgers beats Purdue, Iowa most likely has to play the rat-bastards again! That would suck homeless-man balls.

Last thing Iowa needs before the Dance is 3 straight losses, including 2 ass-kickings at the hands of a .500 bubble team. Talk about full-on seed crash!

Gotta hope frickin' Boilers beat Rutgers to keep them as far away from Iowa as possible.

We can drop all the way to the 8 if Michigan and Ohio State win out.

I wouldn’t put the odds of Ohio st winning at Michigan st & Michigan winning at Maryland on SR days very high but really it doesn’t make a difference if Iowa doesn’t get a double bye.

If Iowa has to play Thursday it’s going to be a very difficult game for them to win regardless of their seed unless they get the 5 or 6 and somehow NW or Nebraska pulls a Wednesday upset.

I wouldn’t put the odds of Ohio st winning at Michigan st & Michigan winning at Maryland on SR days very high but really it doesn’t make a difference if Iowa doesn’t get a double bye.

If Iowa has to play Thursday it’s going to be a very difficult game for them to win regardless of their seed unless they get the 5 or 6 and somehow NW or Nebraska pulls a Wednesday upset.
The reason it matters to me is the 6 seed plays the late game Thursday and Friday. More fun to watch and dont have to worry about work.

When I change the settings to reflect tonights games and then just hit submit, which all the games after this look like they will be chalk, then it puts Iowa at the 6, however, it is Illinois, Maryland, Ohio St, and Rutgers, all teams I am fine with Iowa playing. I would not want Iowa to see Michigan St., Purdue, Michigan or Wisconsin if I didnt have to. If we beat Illinois then we get the 4, but, its Michigan St, Purdue and Michigan and Penn St. on that side. So for us to win the BTT or make the final, I think we are really better off going in as the 6.

IMO This team needs rest...especially Garza. We may already be a lock for an NCAA 6 seed. I’m very confident we are with 1 more win...Illinois or BTT. Win at IL and/or Thursday of BTT and I won’t be crushed by a Friday loss. It’s a wide open NCAA this year and I really want at least 2 wins.

Side Note - I want to win our next 5 and be BTT champs. I will never cheer against Iowa. But I can see the big picture benefit of not making a BTT run.

I would love to see OSU hold serve at home. I think they will. But Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin are the 3 teams with the best chance of winning their road finales IMO. The Wisconsin game doesn’t matter. The double bye almost certainly comes down to a 2 game losing streak for Illinois...as others have said.

I would love to see OSU hold serve at home. I think they will. But Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin are the 3 teams with the best chance of winning their road finales IMO. The Wisconsin game doesn’t matter. The double bye almost certainly comes down to a 2 game losing streak for Illinois...as others have said.
You're right the Wisconsin game doesn't matter. But I'll be wearing my purple shirt tonight all the same.

IMO This team needs rest...especially Garza. We may already be a lock for an NCAA 6 seed. I’m very confident we are with 1 more win...Illinois or BTT. Win at IL and/or Thursday of BTT and I won’t be crushed by a Friday loss. It’s a wide open NCAA this year and I really want at least 2 wins.

Side Note - I want to win our next 5 and be BTT champs. I will never cheer against Iowa. But I can see the big picture benefit of not making a BTT run.
I’ve been saying this for weeks, which is why I never much cared about the double bye. Winning the BTT would be sweet but is pretty unlikely in either a double bye or single bye scenario to begin with. I’d like to win at least one at the BTT and then after that won’t worry much either way.

Get rested and see what this team can do against a non B1G opponent on a neutral floor.

I’ve been saying this for weeks, which is why I never much cared about the double bye. Winning the BTT would be sweet but is pretty unlikely in either a double bye or single bye scenario to begin with. I’d like to win at least one at the BTT and then after that won’t worry much either way.

Get rested and see what this team can do against a non B1G opponent on a neutral floor.
There isnt a team that's more than a 3 point favorite on a neutral floor this year. I want the double bye and I want to win the tournament. I'd rather have to win 3 coin flips than 4. And that's what almost every game is this year. A coin flip.

There isnt a team that's more than a 3 point favorite on a neutral floor this year. I want the double bye and I want to win the tournament. I'd rather have to win 3 coin flips than 4. And that's what almost every game is this year. A coin flip.
I’m exponentially more concerned about beating Illinois for NCAA seeding than I am for a double bye.

If each game is a coin flip than a double bye gives us a 12.5% chance of winning the BTT compared to a 6.25% chance with a single bye. Winning the BTT isn’t nearly important enough to me to worry about a difference between 6/100 chances and 12/100 chances. Realistically the later games would be below 50/50 odds for Iowa, making the odds even less. Not something I’m going to worry about too much. Who even won the BTT last year? I don’t have the slightest clue.

I’m exponentially more concerned about beating Illinois for NCAA seeding than I am for a double bye.

If each game is a coin flip than a double bye gives us a 12.5% chance of winning the BTT compared to a 6.25% chance with a single bye. Winning the BTT isn’t nearly important enough to me to worry about a difference between 6/100 chances and 12/100 chances. Realistically the later games would be below 50/50 odds for Iowa, making the odds even less. Not something I’m going to worry about too much. Who even won the BTT last year? I don’t have the slightest clue.

Anytime someone asks who won the previous year BTT, my default answer is always Michigan. Even though I vaguely remember any of them except the 2 Alford won.

I also want to win more for NCAA seeding. But I want the double bye pretty bad too. It's a milestone we haven't reached yet. As far as remembering who won last year, I know it wasn't Iowa. I'd remember that fondly if it was. I also don't think the later rounds are really any worse than 50/50. As long as Wieskamp starts playing good again. I don't think a single team is better than us when he's playing average or better.

I dont mind being the six playing prob indiana wisconsin then MSU.

Purdue illinois and Msu all on the other side. Maryland is good but Garza can get sticks fouled out and they're not deep and were in good shape.

Anytime someone asks who won the previous year BTT, my default answer is always Michigan. Even though I vaguely remember any of them except the 2 Alford won.
I remember Wisconsin beating Michigan State in overtime to win it one year, 2015 perhaps. It was one of the greatest games I ever saw in terms of how hard both teams fought and left it all out there. I remember being emotionally drained just watching it.

Latest posts