Big Ten Bracket Simulator

So I got to thinking about the Illinois game tonight and came up with the thought that if Illinois wins tonight, maybe they lock up the double bye and have less to play for and maybe that would give us a slight advantage in our game against them. So I looked it up and they do clinch the double bye with a win tonight. The problem is, if they win tonight, they will be playing for a conference title when they play us. We don't want that

So I got to thinking about the Illinois game tonight and came up with the thought that if Illinois wins tonight, maybe they lock up the double bye and have less to play for and maybe that would give us a slight advantage in our game against them. So I looked it up and they do clinch the double bye with a win tonight. The problem is, if they win tonight, they will be playing for a conference title when they play us. We don't want that

Those are good points but they remember how the game went at Carver last time and I think they're going to be plenty motivated anyway.

Those are good points but they remember how the game went at Carver last time and I think they're going to be plenty motivated anyway.
They also have 2 days less rest and prep. That makes a big difference this time of year...and has been reflected in recent games IIRC.

I'm almost positive our game with Illinois is the last game of the weekend, and final game of the regular season. They could easily be eliminated from a share of the conference title well before they hit the floor.

I'm almost positive our game with Illinois is the last game of the weekend, and final game of the regular season. They could easily be eliminated from a share of the conference title well before they hit the floor.
It is. But they are tied with MSU and Maryland right now so if they win tonight, they won't be eliminated until after we kick their ass.

Because you have nothing better to do, there are all 128 possible scenarios for this weekend's games.

ESZBaGwWoAQX6tB

Hopefully, if we're good/lucky enough to beat Illinois at their place that Wisconsin beats Indiana at Indiana. That would put Wisky as the #1 seed and us as the #4. I'd much rather play Wisky than MSU in the BTT if we manage to get past our first game.

In all but 8 the Iowa vs. Illinois winner is the 4. Sorry PC! I want the double bye so you will have to figure your work situation for the (approximately) 1:30 game Friday.

In all but 8 the Iowa vs. Illinois winner is the 4. Sorry PC! I want the double bye so you will have to figure your work situation for the (approximately) 1:30 game Friday.

I have Friday off so I'm more concerned with not getting the 5. Even if I didn't tho, I would rather have the double bye and bail on work.

Those 8 scenarios don't matter to us either because in all 8 scenarios, illinois wins the game against us.....I think.

Purdue needs to send a thank you card to Iowa City for being +2 over .500

I think the best bracket by far is Iowa and Penn State winning. That lines us up with Penn State then Wisconsin to get into the finals.

Things are really starting to set up nicely. PSU, IN and PUR all lost. I think the only other realistic upset is Iowa. So...

Win is double bye then MN/NE vs IL winner then MI/RUT vs. WI winner. Lose and we swap spots with IL.

I’m pulling for chalk the up until our game. I LOVE the idea of WI as the 1 seed on our side of the bracket. Every team I want to avoid is on the other side.

Latest posts