Big Ten Bracket Simulator

So I just put us winning out and Maryland losing out to @Rutgers and Michigan (very possible) to see if we would be ahead of them in the tie breaker and we were. It put us as the 2 seed, Wisconsin at the 3 and Maryland at the 4. Man would that be nice. Then I saw we were 1 game out of first with Michigan State so I simply changed the Penn State game back to a win for them and BOOM, we end up in a 5 way tie for 1st place. We would still have a legit possibility if Minnesota didn't piss that game down their legs the other night. Either way, as long as we win against Purdue and Rutgers beats Maryland, we will be in the running for a conference championship going into the last weekend of the year.

I just noticed it had Illinois losing to Ohio State so if they win that there can still be a 6way tie for 1st. Funny thing is we would have the 3 seed with the 5 way tie but we would have the 1 seed with the 6 way tie. Maryland would also go from being a lock to win the conference outright to playing on thursday as a 5 seed.

The only path I see for a 4 double bye with a loss at Illinois is if Illinois loses to Indiana and Ohio State, and Wisconsin loses to Minnesota and Indiana. Nice to still have options to root for anyway.

This is how we win a share of the title and a #1 seed...

Attachments

• 1074D15A-CE70-4CB2-98AE-4E534524DFE1.png
    1074D15A-CE70-4CB2-98AE-4E534524DFE1.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 11
This is how we win a share of the title and a #1 seed...

Does Ohio State have to beat Michigan State? I don't think they do. The crazy thing is none of those games are major upsets. Pretty much gotta root for the home team in all but 3 games.

Does Ohio State have to beat Michigan State? I don't think they do. The crazy thing is none of those games are major upsets. Pretty much gotta root for the home team in all but 3 games.

If we want to win the B1G regular season, they do.

We need to win out. Maryland has to lose out. MSU and Wisconsin need to lose one more game. That puts us into a 5 way tie for 1st. If Illinois beats Ohio State to make it a 6 way tie, we get the 1 seed.... I think.

If MSU ends up at 13-7 by beating Penn State and losing to Ohio State, it knocks Penn State out of the 6 way tie and MSU gets the 1 seed with us getting the 2 seed.

The "Hack-A-Husker" strategy worked!

Against Iowa the first time they almost made as many 3's (10) as they did free throws (14 out of 26). That game makes me sick every time I think about it. Iowa would still be in the hunt for the regular season title had they taken care of business at Nebraska.

Against Iowa the first time they almost made as many 3's (10) as they did free throws (14 out of 26). That game makes me sick every time I think about it. Iowa would still be in the hunt for the regular season title had they taken care of business at Nebraska.

I agree. I think on games we should have had this year, and while MSU is a recent example, it is still MSU at Breslin, so it is relatively easy to accept, but the Nebraska loss may end up being the one game we really wished we had. Now we have to pretty much win out in order to get a double bye. The final against Illinois will likely have a great deal riding on it if we take care of business against Purdue.

I agree. I think on games we should have had this year, and while MSU is a recent example, it is still MSU at Breslin, so it is relatively easy to accept, but the Nebraska loss may end up being the one game we really wished we had. Now we have to pretty much win out in order to get a double bye. The final against Illinois will likely have a great deal riding on it if we take care of business against Purdue.

I really hope we bear Purdue and Rutgers beats Maryland. That way we can go into the last day of the season still alive for a conference championship.

First off I want to see a win in the Big tourney and I am sure Fran and crew do also.

As far as tying for the regular season title the hawks of course need one team to lose twice and 3 teams to lose once. The odds are tough with that as Wisky and MSU are playing well. But it could happen.

Again hawks will show a lot winning their last two games.

And sometimes, like we see in the NFL playoffs and MLB playoffs, when you get that bye or double bye and sit around a lot some teams can come out stale and lose their first game.

Maybe a single bye is not that bad.

First off I want to see a win in the Big tourney and I am sure Fran and crew do also.

As far as tying for the regular season title the hawks of course need one team to lose twice and 3 teams to lose once. The odds are tough with that as Wisky and MSU are playing well. But it could happen.

Again hawks will show a lot winning their last two games.

And sometimes, like we see in the NFL playoffs and MLB playoffs, when you get that bye or double bye and sit around a lot some teams can come out stale and lose their first game.

Maybe a single bye is not that bad.
Maryland is struggling right now and they got Rutgers on the road (I'd say that one is about 50/50) and Michigan at home. Michigan will probably be needing a win pretty bad and are a lot better than their record. Had Minnesota finished their last 2 games against Maryland and Wisconsin, we would have a really good shot at 13-7 being good enough. As is, I'd say there's about a 10% chance that 13-7 wins it.

Latest posts