Big 10 Tournament

How does a poorly coached team with average talent get a 6 seed in the toughest conference?

You just saw and watched how!!! I know your pumped with 10-10 and the 6th seed. It’s tremendously satisfying to some :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Maryland........

F4F5D63B775F5460B924B08E37CD9F03DB411AB6

Iowa could be better coached. I've been on that forefront. But some posters insist on doom and gloom before it even happens because that's their perverse way of steeling themselves for disappointment. That's the single biggest reason why so many insist were going to miss the NCAA's, don't deserve the NCAA's, and should just go home. It's all part of being a fan.

Iowa has done enough to make the dance and I would hope that we see better all around effort by coaches and players knowing we at the time of season where your finished when you lose. This is exactly what I will be paying close attention to and it begins tonight. Iowa could still improve there seeding, how bad do we want that. Time will tell,

Iowa has done enough to make the dance and I would hope that we see better all around effort by coaches and players knowing we at the time of season where your finished when you lose. This is exactly what I will be paying close attention to and it begins tonight. Iowa could still improve there seeding, how bad do we want that. Time will tell,

Best case would be 6/7 IF we win BTT. Lose tonight, we could be looking at "First Four". Anything in between? 8 to 10, I guess, depending on just how far we can advance. The farther we get in BTT, the better the seed we can hope for.

Amen, brother. If we aren't ready to play buzzer to buzzer we will get throttled. Just ask Turgeon.:p

Best case would be 6/7 IF we win BTT. Lose tonight, we could be looking at "First Four". Anything in between? 8 to 10, I guess, depending on just how far we can advance. The farther we get in BTT, the better the seed we can hope for.
Oklahoma was knocked out by West Virginia last night but are still on a lot of ten lines. Are you aware of Oklahoma falling to Dayton status by any bracketoligists?

Oklahoma
Indiana
TCU
Creighton
Clemson
NCST

That’s six of the 10-12 that aren’t bumping to to NIT or First Four.

Who else you got Naysayers?

Last edited by a moderator:
69-61 Neb
Wisconsin gets to take on a short handed team who will be playing their fourth emotionally draining games in six days.

But Nebraska didn't know that they weren't supposed to still be playing on Friday. Those can be the most dangerous teams to play. If Wisconsin coughs up one of their 32% shooting nights look out.

Wisconsin gets to take on a short handed team who will be playing their fourth emotionally draining games in six days.

But Nebraska didn't know that they weren't supposed to still be playing on Friday. Those can be the most dangerous teams to play. If Wisconsin coughs up one of their 32% shooting nights look out.

I'm hoping for that out of Ill.

Oh lookie here!!

Nebby miracle against Iowa carries them to two wins in the tourney.

Iowa is everybody’s slump buster.

Illinois won yesterday so there’s a chance

Keys to beating Ill and advancing:

Defense: We need to double-team their freshman big man Bezhanishvili. He has developed a "scorers mentality" and looks o to shot on every touch. Need to make him pass the ball instead. Denying hin m the ball would be even better!
Garza needs to stay out of early foul trouble against him.
Avoid turn-overs: Ill. is the BEST in the league at creating turnovers. Need to break their press and punish them by scoring off of it.
Execution: we need to be on time on our close-outs and have sharp, quick rotations.

Offense: FEED THE POST. Let's get back to what we did successfully earlier in the year. Pound it inside to Cook, Garza, Kreiner relentlessly! Bezhanishvili has fouled out of 9 games, get him in foul trouble especially early.
Keep them honest- hit some 3's

FINISH: Play for 40 minutes. Surely we've learned our lesson by now!! Play like you want it more than Ill.!

Nebraska will be gassed. But teams...including Iowa...have won 4 in 4 days to win the tournament. So Nebraska could have enough juice for 1 more. They are shorthanded. But they have 3 good seniors, a good junior and I think another senior playing well since being forced into the rotation. Veterans manage the fatigue, etc. better IMO. And Watson is on a mission. He may never get tired.