Big 10 Suicide Pool

Best to take Minn when can if going to try to make the distance, but if they don't get by this week then...well...how much is in the pot? ah, Minnesota to win, eh!

I'm not sure if I should take the "win now" approach or the long term approach. Its like deciding which pitcher to send to the mound in a single elimination tournament. I guess I'll go with Minnesota this week and hope to save some of the aces for later in the year.

4) In order to time it up correctly, no one will be picking the 12/3/10 game (Illinois vs. Fresno, I think) AND NO ONE CAN PICK IOWA! There are 10 weeks left in the season, and eliminating Iowa means there are 10 B10 teams to choose from.

For the visual learners...Ex.
This week (9/25) - I pick Northwestern; NW wins (I get to pick another team next week)
Next week (10/2) - I pick Indiana; Indiana loses (I am out of the suicide pool)

Simple enough?

Here are this week's games!

Austin Peay @ Wisconsin
Bowling Green @ Michigan
Central Michigan @ Northwestern
Northern Colorado @ Michigan State
Toledo @ Purdue
Eastern Michigan @ Ohio State
Temple @ Penn State
Akron @ Indiana
Northern Illinois @ Minnesota

If you want to participate, feel free to just post the name of the team you'd like to take for this week.

well since Minnesota is going to go 0-8 in the conference, I gotta pick them this week, and for that matter, so does everyone else ... this doesn't work with 10 teams for 10 weeks ... need a ratio of 2:1 ... so add more teams or let us pick each one twice max

well since Minnesota is going to go 0-8 in the conference, I gotta pick them this week, and for that matter, so does everyone else ... this doesn't work with 10 teams for 10 weeks ... need a ratio of 2:1 ... so add more teams or let us pick each one twice max

You've confused me here...I understand that every team will have a bye, which will make this a little more difficult. I also get that with each team playing each other in conference play, towards the end of the season an individual might have to avoid several games altogether because he's already used both teams...but why would we need a 2:1 ratio.

If you think Minnesota will go 0-8 in conference, maybe you pick whoever plays Minnesota every week. But somewhere in there Minnesota will have a bye, so you'll have to pick someone else for that week.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

Latest posts