Big 10 Suicide Pool

I gotta go Minnesota as well. Best chance for them to win for the remaining season. Indy is a close second this week, but I think there might be another winnable game for them. Almost wish I could pick Illinois, with an open this is their best shot until Nov. 13 to not lose.

You've confused me here...I understand that every team will have a bye, which will make this a little more difficult. I also get that with each team playing each other in conference play, towards the end of the season an individual might have to avoid several games altogether because he's already used both teams...but why would we need a 2:1 ratio.

If you think Minnesota will go 0-8 in conference, maybe you pick whoever plays Minnesota every week. But somewhere in there Minnesota will have a bye, so you'll have to pick someone else for that week.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

with 10 teams for ten games, you are going to be forced into picking a game you have zero confidence in ... thus defeating the idea behind a Survival Pick'em ... with so few choices, nobody will make it out of October alive

with 10 teams for ten games, you are going to be forced into picking a game you have zero confidence in ... thus defeating the idea behind a Survival Pick'em ... with so few choices, nobody will make it out of October alive

But if you were able to pick teams that you had a lot more confidence in, would it really be fit the description of a survival pool? Isn't part of the fun trying to figure out where the lesser teams are going to win and hoping they come through for you?

Minnesota.

By the looks of it if Minny loses this week this could be the shortest survival contest in history.

Indiana has Arkansas State still on the schedule and Purdue has both Indiana and Minny at home. Minny is all Big Ten games after this week. Really is a no brainer.

I should've gone with an ace. I knew looking long-term would kill me. Can we have a second pool for everyone that picked Minnesota this week?

Is it too late to change my selection from Minnesota to Ohio?

Jeebus! Minnesota is clearing out a lot of us.

I'm out.
Eventually everyone has to pick Minny so they will end up clearing out everyone, they will be lucky to win another game this year.

Latest posts