BHGP DJK story

There doesn't have to be. Plenty of people will post lyrics of a song just because they like the song. Also, this is a new release, I believe.
sure but I don't buy it in this instance, im sure there are other lyrics in that song. Hey I'm DJK fan and think he deserves a second chance

LOL! And yet the response in this thread has had exceptionally little to do with race.

I'm willing to bet that there are plenty of folks from all sort of different ethnic backgrounds who would say exactly the same things as we all are about DJK.
agree, just admit you screwed up, its nobody's fault but your own, you think you deserve another chance to prove yourself but grow up and dont let your twitter account reflect who you are and post stupid stuff

agree, just admit you screwed up, its nobody's fault but your own, you think you deserve another chance to prove yourself but grow up and dont let your twitter account reflect who you are and post stupid stuff

There is NO real reason to assume that's what he means. You're merely speculating, and projecting that speculation as fact.

There is NO real reason to assume that's what he means. You're merely speculating, and projecting that speculation as fact.

I’m not sure what DJK meant by it or anyone else interpreted it as, but…..it is worth noting. Here is cat that is an absolute lighting rod, who needs a public relations makeover in the worst way….

Here is a tip….don’t tweet, post, say anything salacious or that can be even remotely construed as salacious, odd, on the edge, etc……

He is immature and needy.

Chad

I quit reading this thread after about six pages ago, but I do have one comment. Forgive me if this has been mentioned. Is there any chance that being a good kickoff guy doesn't mean anything/means very little to NFL execs this year? With the move of the KOs in the NFL from the 30 to the 35, I think the value of "elite" KRs is potentially higher, but the value of "solid" KRs is diminished. DJK was much more "solid" than "elite" as a KR, so this rule change isn't helping his chances.

But there's also a chance I'm over-thinking it.

Also, after I typed this, I read this whole song lyric argument. You guys are funny.

Raises some interesting points and certainly worth the (long) read. My guess is there is more than one reason DJK is not getting a tryout in the NFL. Just some that come to mind, in order or priority:

1) The entirety of his interaction with a well-respected college and former NFL coach over five years.
2) Good numbers at the college level but hardly stellar speed, size and talent by NFL standards.
3) The attitude he exhibited on and off the field. NFL staffs view hundreds of hours of game video, read press reports, do checks when evaluating college talent.
4) A much-publicized arrest with multiple counts, including, as the article notes, the incendiary charge of keeping a drug house, at virtually the worst time in his college career when being considered by coaches and GMs for a chance at the next level. It doesn't matter that he pleaded guilty to just one minor charge. The damage was done.

DJK didn't have the talent to play outside the lines. He cost himself the opportunity to compete and to receive a big paycheck in the NFL. This is not on Kirk Ferentz.

My knee jerk reaction is Captain Kirk has done his part in black-balling DJK.

Despite the incredibly trumped up charges against DJK and his "drug running horrible house mates" I believe that when all was said and done... the POLICE AND DA decided it was another situation (like thousands in college communities) in which the young adults were smoking some Mary Jane and dabbling in some more.. and so all charges were dropped to simple possesion.

All the while this behavior and use.. another victimless behavior" should be made LEGAL.

What is fascinating to me is that I only ever hear one radio interview with DJK and it was after the season, the drug bust, and when Iowa wouldn't allow DJK to wear a Tiger Hawk. It was the most intriuging and fascinating interview I have EVER heard from a 22 year "student-athlete" that has pro potential.

His answers were so contrarian, very well thought out, and way beyond the cliches and ****** that these players and coaches and media normally hear.

I understand, just a bit, why Ferentz had no clue how to deal with DJK... a prima donna?, Sunglass wearing, ball cap backwards young, smart articulate kid who had just shown up for a work out and shows up on TV.

Hey Captain it was sunny outside and it's healthy eye care to wear sunglasses and a cap... just ask Hayden.

IMHO NO DOUBT DJK has been BLACK BALLED.

C"mon at least someone in the NFL can give him a look?

Despite the incredibly trumped up charges against DJK and his "drug running horrible house mates" I believe that when all was said and done... the POLICE AND DA decided it was another situation (like thousands in college communities) in which the young adults were smoking some Mary Jane and dabbling in some more.. and so all charges were dropped to simple possesion.

All the while this behavior and use.. another victimless behavior" should be made LEGAL.

What is fascinating to me is that I only ever hear one radio interview with DJK and it was after the season, the drug bust, and when Iowa wouldn't allow DJK to wear a Tiger Hawk. It was the most intriuging and fascinating interview I have EVER heard from a 22 year "student-athlete" that has pro potential.

His answers were so contrarian, very well thought out, and way beyond the cliches and ****** that these players and coaches and media normally hear.

I understand, just a bit, why Ferentz had no clue how to deal with DJK... a prima donna?, Sunglass wearing, ball cap backwards young, smart articulate kid who had just shown up for a work out and shows up on TV.

Hey Captain it was sunny outside and it's healthy eye care to wear sunglasses and a cap... just ask Hayden.

Knee jerk being the operative word here......

Chad

and for those who didn't know it was a song lyric look like fools....*points finger in own direction.
Although when posting something like that wouldn't you want to quote the artist? I for one hoped he would have been drafted or given him a chance. They are in need of somebody to go over the middle. They have Chad Schillens but he can't seem to stay healthy. Believe me, I want him to make it. Just doesn't look good right now.

I should add.......I really, really, really hope and pray that my children don't do drugs and hang out in drug houses. I did when I was younger and it took a long time for me to get on the path.

It is far from "no big deal" to me..........

Chad

DJK has been black balled by DJK = end of story.

I should add.......I really, really, really hope and pray that my children don't do drugs and hang out in drug houses. I did when I was younger and it took a long time for me to get on the path.

It is far from "no big deal" to me..........

Chad

Hey what exactly is a drug house?

Way back in the day (the 70's) I lived in and went to houses and apartments in which illegal drugs were consumed.. and of course bought and sold.

Since that time I've live my life and done OK but I really have to have SHOUT OUTS to several multi-millionares who started there own companies in Charlotte and Philly. The elected officials I know in the greater Jouhnson County (no need to be too specific) and Durham NC. For a doctor and several lawyers and 2 CPA's and many others that have done OK.

How exactly has that "drug house" turned horribly wrong for these people.

Just another "knee jerk" re-action un-like any of yours.

Labels and judgement really doesn't work to find a place to go to that works.

Latest posts