Best 3pt shooting team in Fran Era?

Here is my prediction and I would wager quite strongly that all three of these things happen barring a major injury:

1. Iowa shoots more 3s this year
2. Iowa makes more 3s this year
3. Iowa is a better defensive team this year
Iowa attempting 22.12 3s compared to 20.36

Iowa is making 8.4 per game compared to 7.6

Iowa at 120 in KenPom adj D compared to 242

See @InGoodCo sometimes I make accurate predictions.

The first few pages of this thread are pretty interesting to read through. @lightning1 and @Northside Hawk were convinced Iowa should shoot less threes to improve their defense while others thought there were different ways Iowa could improve their defense without taking away one of their strengths in the 3pt shot. Our defense still isn’t great, but it’s certainly improved.

The first few pages of this thread are pretty interesting to read through. @lightning1 and @Northside Hawk were convinced Iowa should shoot less threes to improve their defense while others thought there were different ways Iowa could improve their defense without taking away one of their strengths in the 3pt shot. Our defense still isn’t great, but it’s certainly improved.

I wonder how many more run out points off missed 3s they are getting compared to last year. I doubt there is any difference at all. Weird that Lightning was wrong. I never saw that coming.

You get plenty right buddy, I just think you go overboard sometimes - (as do I and we've proven with me misquoting ya on a few things) - Good call on these.

I wonder how many more run out points off missed 3s they are getting compared to last year. I doubt there is any difference at all. Weird that Lightning was wrong. I never saw that coming.
I haven't noticed a ton off missed threes. Although, Joe took a dumb step back 3 that led to a layup Saturday. Turnovers are obviously the worst but I also think missed layups where Cook and Garza are both down there often lead to runouts.

This thread is kind of interesting. In theory some could see what could make this a strong offensive team with Cook and Garza inside surrounded by shooters around them but it wasn’t a guarantee that it would materialize. Our defense is still quite frankly bad but it hasn’t been soo bad that it didn’t give us a chance.

I8i8k8ko ok o lol
I haven't noticed a ton off missed threes. Although, Joe took a dumb step back 3 that led to a layup Saturday. Turnovers are obviously the worst but I also think missed layups where Cook and Garza are both down there often lead to runouts.

This thread is kind of interesting. In theory some could see what could make this a strong offensive team with Cook and Garza inside surrounded by shooters around them but it wasn’t a guarantee that it would materialize. Our defense is still quite frankly bad but it hasn’t been soo bad that it didn’t give us a chance.
We're playing better defense. Better defense, defensive FG % leads to more times getting your transition game going, fewer times encountering a set defense, more baskets made, more times the opponent has to bring it up against a set defense, fewer transition chances for the opponent...on and on goes the vicious cycle.

Basketball can be such a simple game sometimes when you play better defense. You even get more/better looks from 3 point range, and two point range, when you can get offensive transition going...crank up the never ending vicious cycle.

When you get ahead in games you force the other team to quick shoot, unless they are very disciplined and experienced. Most teams miss more FG's when they quick shoot. Turn the wheel on the vicious cycle. Fortunately, we were the exception against Northwestern. Then again, we came back with discipline and experience. And speed Northwestern up.

I still believe next year's team will be an even better 3 point shooting team, which is crazy to think. It may not materialize percentage wise but you'll have 5 capable shooters on the floor at the same time a lot more often than this year (assuming Cook is gone). This could also lead to some nice space for Garza to do his thing. I wouldn't be shocked if he averages 15+ next year.

I still believe next year's team will be an even better 3 point shooting team, which is crazy to think. It may not materialize percentage wise but you'll have 5 capable shooters on the floor at the same time a lot more often than this year (assuming Cook is gone). This could also lead to some nice space for Garza to do his thing. I wouldn't be shocked if he averages 15+ next year.

Get this man a beer.

Yeah and wait til you see what he does in the second half.

Latest posts