Best 3pt shooting team in Fran Era?

Generally we do. Over the two prior games we had shot 33 3pt shots compared to the 28 we shot last night. Sometimes it’s just about matchups and obviously we didn’t have Cook last night. You have to have more than one way to beat a team, and pounding it inside every time can also lead to a lot of turnovers. I like playing inside out, but I still feel we have have a very good 3pt shooting team and need to continue to utilize that.

Cue people who will say "live by the 3 die by the 3". Like there is a way to play basketball where you never "die".

Cue people who will say "live by the 3 die by the 3". Like there is a way to play basketball where you never "die".
After last nights game our starting 1-3 are:

JBo: 41-108 (37.96%)
Moss: 25-60 (41.67%)
Weiskamp: 28-69 (40.58%)
Combined: 94-237 (39.66%)

That’s elite level shooting out of a backcourt. Then you add Baer, and two centers who are at least a threat out there. Dailey has been struggling so it would be nice to see him get his shot back.

Again, I’m not advocating for jacking threes every possession, but it’s nice to have shooters surrounding our horses inside. On some nights our 3pt shooting is going to be the difference.

Generally we do. Over the two prior games we had shot 33 3pt shots compared to the 28 we shot last night. Sometimes it’s just about matchups and obviously we didn’t have Cook last night. You have to have more than one way to beat a team, and pounding it inside every time can also lead to a lot of turnovers. I like playing inside out, but I still feel we have have a very good 3pt shooting team and need to continue to utilize that.

Last night, Iowa played outside in. Out of first 26 points, 24 were from 3 point range. So, Penn State extended the defense and Iowa pounded it inside to Garza and Kriener. Remember the 3 straight drives to the hoop by Ryan K. At least two were proceeded by a pump fake (because he hit a 3) and there was no help because PSU was worried about Iowa shooters. Here's two of his drives.

After last nights game our starting 1-3 are:

JBo: 41-108 (37.96%)
Moss: 25-60 (41.67%)
Weiskamp: 28-69 (40.58%)
Combined: 94-237 (39.66%)

That’s elite level shooting out of a backcourt. Then you add Baer, and two centers who are at least a threat out there. Dailey has been struggling so it would be nice to see him get his shot back.

Again, I’m not advocating for jacking threes every possession, but it’s nice to have shooters surrounding our horses inside. On some nights our 3pt shooting is going to be the difference.

Then you factor in that Cook and Garza might be the best (or close to it) scoring 4/5 combo in the conference. I'm actually surprised our offense isnt ranked higher. Probably turnovers. Last year I thought our good offense was in large part due to how teams played us because we were terrible. This year we have a legit good offense.

Then you factor in that Cook and Garza might be the best (or close to it) scoring 4/5 combo in the conference. I'm actually surprised our offense isnt ranked higher. Probably turnovers. Last year I thought our good offense was in large part due to how teams played us because we were terrible. This year we have a legit good offense.

Kenpom does have Iowa as the #11 ranked offense. Quit nitpicking :)

Last I heard they were 17 I thought. 11 does sound better.

Yep, they posted a top 10 type of performance on offense again last night so that bumped them up a few more spots. I think they were ranked 14th before the game.

Iowa had 10 more made 3s last night, which was a huge reason we got the W.

Here are the %s:
-Moss 44.4%
-Weiskamp 44.4%
-Bohannon 39.5%
-Baer 36.1%

Kriener and Garza are both above 34% in limited attempts.

How many makes does Bohannon have so far? I assume he's going to have his lowest year for total makes correct?

How many makes does Bohannon have so far? I assume he's going to have his lowest year for total makes correct?
His attempts per game are down to 5.6 from 6.8 last year and 6.3 his freshman. His % is down slightly.

Depending on the number of games played I have him on pace to hit about 75, which is down from 96 last year and 89 his freshman year. With that said he’s been shooting much better in conference play so that could improve.

Latest posts