Beneventi Not A Hawk

SheagleHawk

When did this happen?

Shiat my bad. See this is recruiting. How do you delete thread?

Last edited:
That's a hard thing to hear but at least Brian went there personally. Most schools would just call and tell him or wait until right before signing day.

I know the kid had a very disapointing senior year.But this is the FIRST time ever that I recall KF saying no thanks. That's football.

he's done it when there have been multiple legal issues with a recruit - and he has done it when a recruit has been less than forthcoming on taking other visits - but if this one is just about his football ability - no, i don't recall this ever happening.

USC, Alabama, LSU, Ol Miss would not yank the scholly until he got on campus and tried out in camp.

And Kurt sticks the knife squarely in this kid's back. Pretty cutthroat move.

Not sure how you could write this unless your blind hatred for the current coaching staff is clouding your input. The kid has been given months now to find the right school. Not hours days or weeks. Months. The message was delivered in person. Not text, phone, or Instagram. It's going to work out best for all involved.

I take this as a sign that a tectonic shift has taken place inside Ft. Kinnick. This seems radical. I've never heard of such a thing at Iowa. Maybe they've just decided that they are not going to risk an other single scholarship. I think they mean business. Heck we've already seen more speed in the program. Maybe things are turning?

Rob Howe has a free article on it - since JD posted it to his twitter account, I assume it is ok for me to post here:

http://iowa.scout.com/story/1490343-hawkeyes-back-away-from-beneventi

If Biels had done this - "He's a doosh. More proof he's scum!"

But when Captain Classy doesn't honor his word, he's still the classiest guy in history. What's the favorite analogy he likes to make?! When you get engaged don't betray that trust? I think the number one quality in being classy is being a world class hypocrite who demands others "do what I say, not what I do!"

Iowa has taken a more aggressive approach in recruiting since hiring Seth Wallace. He was instrumental in getting Juan Harris, and I’ve noticed more offers out there for other talented 2017 kids.

It is simple...we had 3 committed qbs in the class. You typically don't have more than 2 schools qbs in a class. Usually you have only 1. So the scholly was taken away from 1 of the 3. This isn't as uncommon as people think even at iowa.

It is simple...we had 3 committed qbs in the class. You typically don't have more than 2 schools qbs in a class. Usually you have only 1. So the scholly was taken away from 1 of the 3. This isn't as uncommon as people think even at iowa.

So he gave out 3 scholarships knowing he was only going to honor two? Losing to crappy programs plus SEC ethics!? DAMN! That raise and extension can't get here fast enough!

Latest posts