Ben Rapistberger is the most overrated QB of the modern era

For the love of god man this isn't about one thing, it's about the body of work. Why can't you understand that? I'm not saying the Pro Bowl is the only measure, I'm saying it all goes in to the equation.

Ben has also had 2 seasons with a QB rating of 80 or below, Romo's LOWEST season rating was 91.4. Romo is 5th all time in career QB rating (I'm fully aware Ben is 8th). Romo clearly wins on the issue of QB rating which is only one of many things that factor in.

Romo: 1-3
Ben: 10-3

Look at the stats. We are the ones that are brain dead????? WTF!!!!

Since Romo has some better stats should he be getting HOF consideration? No, I didn't think so you know why? Because he hasn't won ANYTHING!! Is Big Ben HOF material? I don't know but you know why he is even being considered?? Because he has won 2 Super Bowls and been to a 3rd. And he's only 28 (Almost 29). Romo is 30 (Almost 31), have fun with him.
Thats fine, you go start your franchise with Romo and I'll start mine with the one who has been to three Super Bowls and won two. We will see who gets a ring first.

Seriously the guy is not good. He's definately got some elite physical skills and tools (his size and ability to extend plays) but he's a lousy QB. I can't believe some people put him in the top tier of QB's. Take him out of Pittsburg and hes a journeyman QB.

Are you serious? He won 2 most QB's would be lucking to go to 1. i know he has a great defense but really? think of something better to post. waste of time

Jim Plunkett: 9-2
Big Ben: 10-3

Trent Dilfer: 5-1

Jeff Hostetler: 4-1

What, it's only one stat that matters right?

Yeah and Roethlisberger has more wins than all those guys, so I agree, he is a better QB than the above guys listed.

Re: Duff the animal raper is the most overrated poster of the modern era

Rapistberger? Are you 10 years old?

he's won two super bowls, yes he's got a great defense, but if you watch him play you would have to say he's a top 10 QB in the league. The first pick last night he got hit when he threw it. Yes it still counts as an INT and it probably wasn't a great decision but that happens. The second INT could have easily been called pass interference on GB. He played a very solid game last night, he doesn't have the weapons that some other QB's have and he has had a patchwork offensive line that was down 4 starters last night from when they started the year. Not all QB's could still perform well enough to get their teams to the super bowl.

And anyone who lists Tony Romo over Big Ben needs to really ban themselves from talking sports ever again.

We have a winner!! And Romo has had significantly more talent at the skilled positions than Big Ben has had. Now Romo as a person, I would put him several tiers ahead of Big Ben.

Really?

I'd take Plaxico and Ward in thier primes over any recievers Dallas has had. Witten has been a fixture in thier offesne while Romo has been there but outside of that it's been musical chairs at the WR and RB positions.

QB's who have started two or more super bowls:

Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Bob Griese
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
John Elway
Jim Kelly
Troy Aikman
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

Not a whole lot of average QBs on that list.

Really?

I'd take Plaxico and Ward in thier primes over any recievers Dallas has had. Witten has been a fixture in thier offesne while Romo has been there but outside of that it's been musical chairs at the WR and RB positions.

Plaxico and Ben played a whole one season together there, you really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Bob Griese
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
John Elway
Jim Kelly
Troy Aikman
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

and the list that has started 3 and won at least 2 is a lot shorter.

Bart Starr
Len Dawson
Bob Griese
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Jim Plunkett
Joe Montana
John Elway
Jim Kelly
Troy Aikman
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

Nope only two, Ben and Jim Plunkett.

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Vick
6. Ryan
7. Eli
8. Schaub
9. Romo
10. Rivers
11. Big Ben

I agree with your top 4 but Ryan, Eli, and Schaub are definately not higher than Big Ben. Rivers should be higher than 10.

Big Ben had the 5th best passer rating in 2010 and led his team to the Superbowl but I'm supposed to believe there are 10 better quarterbacks in the league right now?

I think i'd go

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Vick
Ben
Romo
Schaub
Eli

It goes in tiers. I think the first 5 would be on the first tier, then Vick Ben, and Romo on the next tier, and then it kinda falls off a cliff to get to the Schaub/Eli tier.

You're cherry picking stats depending on which player you are are arguing for.

You've used passer rating a bunch but there aren't 10 other active quarterbacks with a higher career passer rating.

Edit: Big Ben is 8th on the all-time list

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Exactly. He doesn't like Big Ben and he's going out of his way to try to validate his idiotic stance that Ben is "average at best".

There are some definite parallels between this discussion and the "Stanzi's place in Iowa lore" discussion.

Neither consistently puts up great stats, both play on teams who are better known for their defense, and both have gaudy win-loss records.

I tend to lean a little towards Duffman's side in this discussion. Aikman was saying on the pregame that if Ben won his third SB yesterday, he could solidify his place in Canton. ??? I remember feeling the same way when people were saying that about Brady...then Brady came out and started murdering people both statistically and in the win column and really proved his worth. Ben has been a big benefactor of having LeBeau and that Steeler defense behind him for his entire career...I don't think there's any doubt he's a top 10 QB right now, but it would be interesting to see what he would do without that D backing him up.

Long story short...I don't think Ben is near as good as his 10-3 postseason record indicates, but I don't think he's a couple bad passes away from being Daunte Culpepper either. Just like I don't think Stanzi was anywhere near as good as his W/L record was coming into this season, but he showed that he's a good college QB with the numbers he was able to amass this season.