Beginning of The End for Kirk?

Barta has to be the first domino to fall. I think after the basketball team misses the NCAA tourney again, not what I want, just predict, we’ll start to get some traction here. But nothing happens with KF until Barta is out.
Lol. We will be lucky to win 15 games.

It's sad to say but the decline is just starting.
6-6 will be the best you can ask for next year!
That is probably what we are going to get THIS year.

But Barta doesn’t care. He literally does not care about winning. And neither does the University. If it did, Barta would have been gone years ago. The University sees athletics as a necessary evil. The money keeps rolling in, so that is enough.

Its called alcohol and it makes you feel warm, until you end up like that kid in the snow bank a few years back.
I think ol Brian Ferentz might have had a little alcohol during the game too. That would explain the anemic offense at least

What ever happened to this new Kirk crap 2015?....oh yeah life time extension so ole Kirk kicked his ass back down.

Sitting in lower North End Zone today - looked as full as it did for Maryland game.... Iowa has had 3 sellouts (or 4) - not sure how many empty seats it would take to start an in-house discussion. They had large season ticket drop after 2012... but then rebounded
On TV the stands looked half full. Tickets were going for 10 to 15 dollars for endzone seats.

I got an email from my Dad a couple hours ago. He has had season tickets for 17 straight years... he just told me he's done.
My Dad, who bleeds Black & Gold like me is not going to renew his (4) tickets next season...and HE LOVES GOING TO THE GAMES!
Thanks KF-BF, you've taken the love of all things Iowa Football and ruined it for one of Iowa's dearest and most devoted fans.

I got an email from my Dad a couple hours ago. He has had season tickets for 17 straight years... he just told me he's done.
My Dad, who bleeds Black & Gold like me is not going to renew his (4) tickets next season...and HE LOVES GOING TO THE GAMES!
Thanks KF-BF, you've taken the love of all things Iowa Football and ruined it for one of Iowa's dearest and most devoted fans.

Sad to hear. But honestly it's for the best. I hope more great fans like your father follow suit and stop financially rewarding a program that is eons behind the modern game.

On TV the stands looked half full. Tickets were going for 10 to 15 dollars for endzone seats.

I was at the game and mostly the student section was half full. The rest of the stands were pretty full. The game was cold and obviously infuriating and uninspiring to watch. People were slowly trickling out the whole game.

Could you actually write with complete sentences?????[/QUOT
Could you actually write with complete sentences?????
It is not intended to be difficult.Used to call in radio ect. Not fun "year" for us fans.Players represent Iowa very Well. This "season" has feeling truly like an unecessary divorce after 65 years.Football season FUN! Anyway as they say "cats out of bag".Bottom Line Business!!Gold Makes Rules.Iowa Bosses spend "lots on spin Dr's" Thanks to Mighty Tough Players and Waay Cool.Fans.

Kirk isn't going anywhere for at least 5 more seasons.

Like others have stated, if fans really want to push the issue, the only effective way is to spend those dollars elsewhere. Don't go to the games and don't purchase the merchandise, and the deep-pocketed boosters have to withhold donations. I'm not necessarily advocating for this, but, to do it quickly, there would have to be some type of concerted social media organized boycott.

As long as there is money and fan support, Barta will sit on his hands. That's the bottom line for pretty much every major program in the country.

Latest posts