Before the Great Hayden Fry

radio

Iowa City was known as a graveyard for college football coaches.....are we back there again? Can Ferentz overcome the staffs poor performance and poor recruiting? Can Ferentz overcome the team attritiion over the past couple of years??

Knowing it is all a process to be successful, I do think he can...just not without a sense of urgency/hot seat and it will NEVER happen with Greg Davis...

(still hopeful I am wrong, all I can do now is hope. Am looking forward to next year being similar to 2001.)

This is our first year of not being able to go to a bowl in 11 years... We are not even close to a "Graveyard" yet. Although this is still annoying and upsetting.

Iowa City was known as a graveyard for college football coaches.....are we back there again? Can Ferentz overcome the staffs poor performance and poor recruiting? Can Ferentz overcome the team attritiion over the past couple of years??

Knowing it is all a process to be successful, I do think he can...just not without a sense of urgency/hot seat and it will NEVER happen with Greg Davis...

(still hopeful I am wrong, all I can do now is hope. Am looking forward to next year being similar to 2001.)

He'd better overcome the pooooor recruiting or he absolutely will NOT be able to compete for a division title let alone a BIG 10 title...which I don't see as long as he remains. Michigan is doing to much to become a power again and Nebraska is Nebraska...3rd is as best as it's going to get with the Ferentz brigade in charge.

Everyone seems to forget we were 4-8 overall and 2-6 in a BAD football conference...that makes us WORSE than the 4-8 record folks don't forget that.

Everyone seems to forget we were 4-8 overall and 2-6 in a BAD football conference...that makes us WORSE than the 4-8 record folks don't forget that.

Very important point. One of the easiest schedules in the country and you go 4-8. Nah, ferents, no changes need to be made.

FreedComanche

Back to the OP, before Hayden Fry, Iowa won a national title, won several conference championships (some outright), had a heisman trophy winner (forget his name...), won a rose bowl, beat notre dame a few times, and more. No one wants to see the 70's again and the concern right now is that we might be doing just that.

No one wants to see the 70's again and the concern right now is that we might be doing just that.

Gee, I was there for the 70's, 74 - 79 to be exact. We had fun with little or no expectation of winning until Hayden arrived. What bothers me now is we are paying for "Armani" and getting "Leisure Suit Larry" on the sidelines. Captain Coward reminds me of the coaching character played by Henry Winkler in Waterboy. Afraid of everything!

This is our first year of not being able to go to a bowl in 11 years... We are not even close to a "Graveyard" yet. Although this is still annoying and upsetting.

I get your point. We have one terrible season, and people are acting like we've been Duke football for the last decade. It's rather entertaining to observe.

I get your point. We have one terrible season, and people are acting like we've been Duke football for the last decade. It's rather entertaining to observe.

With all due respect to you ghost, and Merry Christmas by the way, you miss the point on these board posts quite a bit.

Yes, as I've noted before, this is only the second losing season for ferentz since he turned it around. Not bad at all. However, folks are not upset about that. They are troubled about what this one 4-8 season represents.

1. You have one of the easiest schedules in a very, very down Big 10 conference, and you still have a 4-8 record.

2. Your offense is not just bad, but absolutely horrible. 114th in the nation!!!!!!!!!

3. You have a coach, during this horrible offensive year, that doesn't even consider making a switch at QB when the QB has a sickening year.

4. The coach is arrogant and disrespectful when asked serious questions about what is going on.

5. The coaching staff still can't even run a 2 minute drill.

6. Junior High like penalties happen regularly.

7. Your O-coord never throws the ball downfield when you got the most talented TE in the Big 10.

8. On third down conversion attempts, routes are regularly run under the first down marker, usually way before the first down marker.

9. The coach at the end of the year says he is comfortable.

10. I can go on. Hope you get the point of this original post now.

FreedComanche

Latest posts