Before the Great Hayden Fry

Everyone seems to forget we were 4-8 overall and 2-6 in a BAD football conference...that makes us WORSE than the 4-8 record folks don't forget that.

First of all, I agree with Ghost. The fact that we have 1 loosing regular season and some people are ready to label Iowa as a cellar-dweller is ridiculous.

To respond to seepig..

Iowa was also 21 total points away from being 9-3 this year. If the Hawks went 4-8 with 8 blowout losses (like in 1999) then I would be very concerned. There were only 2 games where Iowa didn't stand a chance, and it's rare that we see that.

Didnt read Jon's piece and dont plan on reading it. Plz summarize.

My fault. I just realized I didn't correctly read your response. I thought you said it's not true that we never throw the ball downfield. You may be right that CJ is not the most talented TE in the Big 10. I think that he is when you talk about receiving Tight Ends. But yes, that can be debatable.

FreedComanche

First of all, I agree with Ghost. The fact that we have 1 loosing regular season and some people are ready to label Iowa as a cellar-dweller is ridiculous.

To respond to seepig..

Iowa was also 21 total points away from being 9-3 this year. If the Hawks went 4-8 with 8 blowout losses (like in 1999) then I would be very concerned. There were only 2 games where Iowa didn't stand a chance, and it's rare that we see that.

This, plus going back to the OP's point.

Hayden's 92, 93, and 94 teams say hi.

Hayden would punch you in the mouth. You don't celebrate close losses.

Also if you ant to argue about those close loses you should also take into account if we had actually a chance to win. Lack of offense hurts that possibility. CMU is the only game I can legitimately say we could have won.

To respond to seepig..

And they were 15 points from going 1-11......

The big ten was down because of teams like Iowa this year. It was Kirks youngest team. I am not happy with the state of the program right now, but to say we are a "graveyard" is just stupid. Of course I may change my mind after next season.

You never responed the other day on how much you look like your avatar pic. I'm still curious.

FreedComanche

I did respond, you must not have seen it. That is literally a picture of me. Again, my avatar is a picture of me. That's literally my face! If you have a friend with that face, then that friend is secretly Ghost!

I did respond, you must not have seen it. That is literally a picture of me. Again, my avatar is a picture of me. That's literally my face! If you have a friend with that face, then that friend is secretly Ghost!

Chicks must flock. Sorry to your wife if you're married.

FreedComanche

With all due respect to you ghost, and Merry Christmas by the way, you miss the point on these board posts quite a bit.

Yes, as I've noted before, this is only the second losing season for ferentz since he turned it around. Not bad at all. However, folks are not upset about that. They are troubled about what this one 4-8 season represents.

1. You have one of the easiest schedules in a very, very down Big 10 conference, and you still have a 4-8 record.

2. Your offense is not just bad, but absolutely horrible. 114th in the nation!!!!!!!!!

3. You have a coach, during this horrible offensive year, that doesn't even consider making a switch at QB when the QB has a sickening year.

4. The coach is arrogant and disrespectful when asked serious questions about what is going on.

5. The coaching staff still can't even run a 2 minute drill.

6. Junior High like penalties happen regularly.

7. Your O-coord never throws the ball downfield when you got the most talented TE in the Big 10.

8. On third down conversion attempts, routes are regularly run under the first down marker, usually way before the first down marker.

9. The coach at the end of the year says he is comfortable.

10. I can go on. Hope you get the point of this original post now.

FreedComanche

that JVB is the only person to take a snap under center thing is a bunch of hogwash i guess. i now feel 10x more confident in next season since i know we had someone else take snaps this season.

thanks FREEDCOMANCHE

that JVB is the only person to take a snap under center thing is a bunch of hogwash i guess. i now feel 10x more confident in next season since i know we had someone else take snaps this season.

thanks FREEDCOMANCHE

So, am I correct that in responding to this, your sole point is that you take issue with me because the qb sucked and never got pulled out, and you are ok with that? Well, ok. Which of the other 8 points don't make sense to you?

I am not sure I understand what you are getting at.

FreedComanche

Latest posts