Before the Great Hayden Fry

Ghost, how old are you?

Ok look, you keep asking me all of these bizarre personal questions, so I'll just get it all out of the way now so you don't have to ask this over multple days and threads.

I am a 31 year old married man from Davenport, Iowa. I was born here, and graduated West High School in 1999. I went to the University of Iowa and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in 2003. After working two years in health care, I moved to Des Moines, and attended Drake University, earning a Master of Science degree in 2007. I moved back to Davenport and got married to my wife, who is a professional musician. I started posting on HN in 2005 as "BilltheThrill", who was permanently banned in November of 2006, but came back as "GhostofBTT" in 2006, and despite being banned several times since, have kept the same name since. I suffered a year long ban in June of 2010, and was extremely hated for my rudeness and dislike for Slipknot. I returned, and thanks in part to a religious conversion, became the poster you know today.

Any more questions, please handle them via PM.

kthanx

Ok look, you keep asking me all of these bizarre personal questions, so I'll just get it all out of the way now so you don't have to ask this over multple days and threads.

I am a 31 year old married man from Davenport, Iowa. I was born here, and graduated West High School in 1999. I went to the University of Iowa and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in 2003. After working two years in health care, I moved to Des Moines, and attended Drake University, earning a Master of Science degree in 2007. I moved back to Davenport and got married to my wife, who is a professional musician. I started posting on HN in 2005 as "BilltheThrill", who was permanently banned in November of 2006, but came back as "GhostofBTT" in 2006, and despite being banned several times since, have kept the same name since. I suffered a year long ban in June of 2010, and was extremely hated for my rudeness and dislike for Slipknot. I returned, and thanks in part to a religious conversion, became the poster you know today.

Any more questions, please handle them via PM.

kthanx

Scratching my chin while pondering my thoughts. Ok, but how in the heck is asking your age a bizarre, personal question?

FreedComanche

didn't realize getting 15 4* recruits in 3 years was bad recruiting, that's more in 3 years than Iowa got in the previous 11 years combined. and 12 of them are still on the roster

Right, I never asked you anything bizarre. Thanks for sharing all that stuff. Did you get to meet Terry Branstad while at Des Moines U? I think he was president of the school while you were there?

FreedComanche

Sorry, i thought you wrote DMU. I see now you attended drake.

FreedComanche

So what? At least I didn't attend Des Moines U. :)

FreedComanche

Chill dude. My grandparents graduated from Des Moines University in 1927, hence my screen name. The REAL DMU, the one that was closed permanently by student riots in 1928, not the new one.

Chill dude. My grandparents graduated from Des Moines University in 1927, hence my screen name. The REAL DMU, the one that was closed permanently by student riots in 1928, not the new one.

It was a joke, man. I'm sure it's a great school. I misread one of ghost's posts and thought he went to DMU when he actually attended Drake. It was humor pointing at me as the butt of the joke. Come on man.............now have a Merry Christmas.

FreedComanche

It was a joke, man. I'm sure it's a great school. I misread one of ghost's posts and thought he went to DMU when he actually attended Drake. It was humor pointing at me as the butt of the joke. Come on man.............now have a Merry Christmas.

FreedComanche

Yeah, I got it. I'm thinking you didn't actually read what I wrote. The DMU they went to closed almost 85 years ago. I have no idea what the current DMU is like and don't care. No offense to anyone who goes there.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you, too. I not mad, really.

We weren't that bad. We came close with the powerhouse from the West.. Nebby. We could of just as easy gone 8-4. A few bounces...etc. The years we had 10 wins.. same thing. It's just that the lucky bounces went the other direction. We'll be back next year. Mark my words.

We weren't that bad. We came close with the powerhouse from the West.. Nebby. We could of just as easy gone 8-4. A few bounces...etc. The years we had 10 wins.. same thing. It's just that the lucky bounces went the other direction. We'll be back next year. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

They are now marked!
nb_forresttn.jpg

FreedComanche

Back to the OP, before Hayden Fry, Iowa won a national title, won several conference championships (some outright), had a heisman trophy winner (forget his name...), won a rose bowl, beat notre dame a few times, and more. No one wants to see the 70's again and the concern right now is that we might be doing just that.

You absolutely correct, up to the NC year, Iowa football was legit. It was known as a "coaches graveyard" almost immediately after Evy took the AD job up until Fry.

I do think Ferentz can be successful again, I think all the right tools/coaches are in place for that (our commits for next year proves that)....EXCEPT G DAVIS. HIs offense didnt work at texas (albiet mccoy and VY), and its not going to work in IA CITY. People here in texas depise G Davis and they really are empathetic about it.

back to recruiting - it has been successful for next year thus far...but our attrition is a concern still, a major concern.

for those hating ferentz' press conference responses - he learned from a great coach currently residing in the greater boston area...

Dont get me wrong, I am officially on the fire ferentz bandwagon...unless his master plan is that G Davis retires prior to spring practice...

Latest posts