BEER

I've never tried weed or edibles but I have no qualms. It seems a whole lot safer than booze IMO.

My employer tests randomly throughout the year (even in the office, not just our plant floor), and about 6 months ago they announced they weren't testing for THC anymore because we were losing too many good people. We were the last employer in NW still testing for it according to the hospital we contract through.

I get pulled about twice a year. Now that they aren't testing for it where I work if it becomes legal in Iowa I'll give it a shot. The only thing is I can't stand the smell and wouldn't be able to smoke it, so edibles are my only option. And I'm told that's a whole different ballgame as far as the experience and the effects. Which kinda sucks. I'm told you have to take baby steps with edibles to find your sweet spot. I just want to chill in a lawn chair and listen to music, not have a Pink Floyd moment and see the devil.

I'm not a partaker either, but I actually like the smell. I notice it quite a bit downtown IC when leaving work and never find it offensive.

But, I also don't mind the smell of pig chit or skunks, so put that into perspective, I guess.

I've never tried weed or edibles but I have no qualms. It seems a whole lot safer than booze IMO.

My employer tests randomly throughout the year (even in the office, not just our plant floor), and about 6 months ago they announced they weren't testing for THC anymore because we were losing too many good people. We were the last employer in NW still testing for it according to the hospital we contract through.

I get pulled about twice a year. Now that they aren't testing for it where I work if it becomes legal in Iowa I'll give it a shot. The only thing is I can't stand the smell and wouldn't be able to smoke it, so edibles are my only option. And I'm told that's a whole different ballgame as far as the experience and the effects. Which kinda sucks. I'm told you have to take baby steps with edibles to find your sweet spot. I just want to chill in a lawn chair and listen to music, not have a Pink Floyd moment and see the devil.
Weed may be more harmless on the front end, but obviously stays in your system much longer on the back end.

I've never tried any form of cannibis and now couldn't if I wanted to. My place of employment is subject to random testing and I've seen people shown the door because they tested positive.

I've only been tested once in five in a half years. Last January. Winter testing sucks because it sets your day back and you're racing daylight. You're generally not safe from early sunsets until late January.

With Illinois and Minnesota opening up pot, I don’t know how companies that test are going to avoid wrongful termination or discrimination charges. To be honest, I use a topical thc roll on for my arthritis, with occasional gummy when it is really bad. And it works. Don’t see myself tapping a bong though. Did enough of that in Burge Hall!

who has self control enough to stop at just two twinkies? I coulda dove into a hostess delivery truck back in the day…..,

You are not the only one

Zombieland twinkie truck scene on Make a GIF

View attachment 10579

I have an unopened sixer of this from my highschool days.
I'll wait until Jimmy passes then put them on EBay.
I like the old pull tab. Brings back memories. Not many on here will remember the days before the "wide mouth" can. I remember when those came out and it was such a big deal. I guess we couldn't get beer down our gullet fast enough, so some smart exec and Coors I think figured they'd prob sell more if they opened the spout more!

Was it Coors that started the "Wide Mouth"?

I like the old pull tab. Brings back memories. Not many on here will remember the days before the "wide mouth" can. I remember when those came out and it was such a big deal. I guess we couldn't get beer down our gullet fast enough, so some smart exec and Coors I think figured they'd prob sell more if they opened the spout more!

Was it Coors that started the "Wide Mouth"?
I remember when you had to use a small can opener on the steel cans. Coors also had an eco friendly double press down bubble system which eliminated the pull tabs. Not sure who first introduced the wide mouth

I remember when you had to use a small can opener on the steel cans. Coors also had an eco friendly double press down bubble system which eliminated the pull tabs. Not sure who first introduced the wide mouth
It seems earlier than the late 90's, TBO.

"One of the more recent modifications to can design was the introduction of the "wide mouth" can in the late 1990s. The American Can Company, now a part of Rexam, and Coors Brewing Company have owned wide mouth design patent (number D385,192) since 1997. Other companies have similar designs for the wide mouth."

You're so old you are thinking of oil cans!

"One of the more recent modifications to can design was the introduction of the "wide mouth" can in the late 1990s. The American Can Company, now a part of Rexam, and Coors Brewing Company have owned wide mouth design patent (number D385,192) since 1997. Other companies have similar designs for the wide mouth."

Latest posts