Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Rose Bowl Win

Votes: 83 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you had to throw Boise in there, didn't ya

if it was a real-conference team, I'd pick lose the BCS game in a heartbeat

but if it is Boise, I'm going Rose Bowl Champs

This is tough...because we know the outcome, so I'm taking the Rose Bowl win. But if the Hawks make it to the BCS Title Game this season and they wind up losing on a last second FG or something, I'm not going to be sitting on the couch thinking, "DAMMIT...should've gone to the Rose Bowl! We would've DESTROYED Oregon State!".

Last edited:
Sure, but in order to be the best you have to play the best. And under the current system Boise would be the best.

This is a no brainer....Take the Rose Bowl win. That will give Iowa the exposure and recruits to make it to the National Title game then we win that. Period. End of discussion.

Going to a Rosebowl would mean the 3rd BCS bowl since 2000, which would put us in pretty good company.

With the theory scUM and PSU don't go to a BCS game this year, then, in the Big-10 only tOSU and scUM can say the same thing.

(PSU Orange 05 and Rose 08)
(scUM Rose 03, 04, 06)
(tOSU Fiesta 02, 03, 05, and 08; NC game 06, 07; Rose 09)

I'd take it.

Also, it would shut the Wisconsin fans the hell up we've never won a rose bowl since 1958, even with Hayden Fry, and, that KF has never gone to one.

Last edited:
This is a tough one, but once i read the loss to BSU it was an automatic to pick the win in the Rose Bowl. Losing to BSU would suck anyway but to lose to them in the NC would be terrible. It would be something no one would forget. Even though most people dont remember who lost the NC, they would remember you for losing to the 1st mid-major to win an NC. Definitely dont want that on the record.

The Rose Bowl win is a huge win and could be parlayed into future success and recruiting, probably more so than a loss in the NC to BSU.

Going to a Rosebowl would mean the 3rd BCS bowl since 2000, which would put us in pretty good company.

With the theory scUM and PSU don't go to a BCS game this year, then, in the Big-10 only tOSU and scUM can say the same thing.

(PSU Orange 05 and Rose 08)
(scUM Rose 03, 04, 06)
(tOSU Fiesta 02, 03, 05, and 08; NC game 06, 07; Rose 09)

I'd take it.

Also, it would shut the Wisconsin fans the hell up we've never won a rose bowl since 1958, even with Hayden Fry, and, that KF has never gone to one.
Would also be back2back BCS wins which only OSU can claim? and the two wins would be more than Mich.

These numbers still surprise me. How many who voted for the Rose bowl win would change thier mind if i inserted Florida, USC, Alabama or Texas into the BCS game?

Rose Bowl visit of any kind for me and it isn't even close. NC is hype and BS. I'd sooner take being the best team in the only conference and bowl game that matters.

These numbers still surprise me. How many who voted for the Rose bowl win would change thier mind if i inserted Florida, USC, Alabama or Texas into the BCS game?

Maybe the better question would be: Garaunteed Rose Bowl win or a place in the NCG agianst a historical power of your choosing (not knowing the outcome)?

If it were me, I would have to take the shot at the NC. Just playing in the NC is great but if you could trade a garaunteed win for a toss up would you?

Maybe the better question would be: Garaunteed Rose Bowl win or a place in the NCG agianst a historical power of your choosing (not knowing the outcome)?

If it were me, I would have to take the shot at the NC. Just playing in the NC is great but if you could trade a garaunteed win for a toss up would you?
Id still take the guaranteed win and its the rose bowl. Could you imagine how sweet it would look with a rose in the mouth of a tigerhawk:D

Would also be back2back BCS wins which only OSU can claim? and the two wins would be more than Mich.
Great point, thanks.

Yes, tOSU won back-2-back Fiesta bowls in 02 and 03.
And actually, scuM is 0-3 in BCS games since 2000.

i'd play in the national championship against florida and shut people up about the SEC being the best conference in the country.

if its against boise, i'd play in the rose bowl. then i'd get a rose added to my tattoo in my avatar

I'd take the Rose Bowl win, and it ain't even close. You always want to end the year on a victory. Losses **** me off too much.

Latest posts