Barta asks WHO-TV for apology

Totally agree with Barta. Little lick may be a poor division 1 bb player, but it was in very bad taste to make this segment on little lick. Murph, Fales and company sometimes think they are comedians, and not sports reporters.

John Lickliter wouldn't start for a lot of D2 schools.

I remember coming out of high school a coach said that he was walking on at Iowa, but he's probably more of D3 level talent.

He doesn't belong on the roster.

They also did a bit poking fun at Nebraska Cornhuskers fans that was truly offensive. Nobody seemed bothered by that. Perhaps the Nebraska A.D. should ask for an apology. Or how about Lucca Staiger's parents asking for an apology for the piece on Lucca Staiger and his situation?

I don't know, maybe I am not taking this video as seriously as some of you. But I'm glad because Iowa basketball has been depressing and irrelevant for 5 years and when someone can make light of the situation with a little ridiculous humor to make the situation a little less depressing then so be it.

Hey, at least this makes Iowa basketball relevant for once!

Are you the guy who was sticking up for Hassel because 'he is your friend'?

This bit was lame, and deserves an apology.

Hell, clownnation got an apology because he used kicks in the stones verbage.......

And the gary dolphin bits, i'll say it again, are just not that funny.

guess he should have asked Lick's permission to do the bit like you said they did before doing these bits.....

They also did a bit poking fun at Nebraska Cornhuskers fans that was truly offensive. Nobody seemed bothered by that. Perhaps the Nebraska A.D. should ask for an apology. Or how about Lucca Staiger's parents asking for an apology for the piece on Lucca Staiger and his situation?

I don't know, maybe I am not taking this video as seriously as some of you. But I'm glad because Iowa basketball has been depressing and irrelevant for 5 years and when someone can make light of the situation with a little ridiculous humor to make the situation a little less depressing then so be it.

Hey, at least this makes Iowa basketball relevant for once!

Why would the Nebraska AD ask for an apology for a spoof of a fan? Tell me you aren't serious with that. You're aware that Lucca Staiger and his famiy live in Germany and probably don't get WHO, right? I mean, I know they're a blowtorch and everything, but I doubt their signal strength reaches that far.

Are some people getting bent out of shape about it? Sure they are. The point is that if John wasn't Todd's son, the video never would have been made. Like so many on this board have done, WHO went after an easy target simply because...it was easy.

Why would the Nebraska AD ask for an apology for a spoof of a fan? Tell me you aren't serious with that. You're aware that Lucca Staiger and his famiy live in Germany and probably don't get WHO, right? I mean, I know they're a blowtorch and everything, but I doubt their signal strength reaches that far.

I don't think there's even been any post that has been more obviously sarcastic than that post.

Kudos to Barta on this. That is his job,to protect student athletes from ridicule like this.

So little lick wouldn't start for any d1 team. Please name all of the walk-on redshirt freshman tha are skilled enough to start for a d1 team. I just want to compile a list of highly talented players that were not offered a schollie but have the abillity to start that early in thier career.

So little lick wouldn't start for any d1 team. Please name all of the walk-on redshirt freshman tha are skilled enough to start for a d1 team. I just want to compile a list of highly talented players that were not offered a schollie but have the abillity to start that early in thier career.

Not what this thread is about. There are approx. 78 other threads about that, all started last weekend.

No Hawkeye student athlete should ever be ridiculed like that and I have no respect for those who would defend that because they are unhappy with the lack of success of the team.

Dave,

This isn't even an issue with me were it not for Todd's saying on Monday that he probably should have played more minutes earlier in the year. I disagree with that, just like I didn't think he should have played 24 minutes on Saturday. That's the only reason I even care about this issue. As I have said before, I understand why John has seen spot minutes; Iowa is not in a great situation, Tucker put them behind the eight ball again, and Cully probably can't go 40 minutes a night. But to say that John should have been playing more minutes earlier in the year, no. That's akin to peeing on my shoe and trying to tell me its raining. So in light of those comments, that is why I have stated my opinion that there is not one team in D1 he would start for, therefor I don't think he deserves more minutes. And given Todd's two and a half years as an example, were John's last name not Lickliter, I doubt he would have been granted a walk on spot on this team, much less ever seen the court, ever. This isn't a Jason Smith story.

Is Barta issuing refunds for ticket purchases for games that the Hawks lose? Because I get offended by the product on the floor and I think he could at least apologize to me..it has crossed the line...

The Hassel skit was not funny, agreed. But an apology? For what? Making fun of a grown man on a comedy sports talk show? Big deal. I'm sure Lickliter can handle it, and is probably embarrased that Barta even brought it up.

I was kind of hoping Barta would stand up there and say "Come after me! I'm a man! I'm Forty!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKch-CAlgM"]YouTube- Mike Gundy - Im A Man Im Forty, Come After Me[/ame]

I have not seen the video either, but if mr barta is defending john, what about sending a letter to all the opposing Big ten student sections. They continue to call him daddy's boy and scrub, and other names. That shouldn't be allowed either Mr. Barta. But you are only going to go after the local media, who cares about the bigger issues, we just want our own state to get behind the hawks right? complete joke of a program, TL needs to go by years end.

I have not seen the video either, but if mr barta is defending john, what about sending a letter to all the opposing Big ten student sections. They continue to call him daddy's boy and scrub, and other names. That shouldn't be allowed either Mr. Barta. But you are only going to go after the local media, who cares about the bigger issues, we just want our own state to get behind the hawks right? complete joke of a program, TL needs to go by years end.

Actually at Michigan State the chant was "Daddy's Little Girl" I wonder if Barta asked MSU and Izzo for an apology?

Actually at Michigan State the chant was "Daddy's Little Girl" I wonder if Barta asked MSU and Izzo for an apology?

Are we really debating the differences between these two things?

1. A media outlet singling out/ridculing a player solely because of who he is.

2. Chants from a student section on the road?

I don't give a damn if he is the coach's kid no Hawkeye athlete deserves that, all Iowa fans should be offended.