Barry Alvarez just said Paul Chryst will stay at Pitt

Now I'm not "old enough" to understand facts and history?
I guess 47 is the new 12, eh clown?
gtfo

I doubt you are old enough to remember what hawkeye football was like prior to Hayden Fry. Go look it up and you will see how bad football in Iowa City was. It is fairly obvious that you don't have much of a clue. Were you in the 8-4, 9-3, or the infamous 10-2 crowd for the hawks record this year? You don't appear to recognize what a program looks like that is headed in the right direction.

7-5 (4th North)
5-7 (3rd North)
6-7 (8th)
6-6 (9th)

Yeah that's really a program moving in the right direction LOL.

I would have certainly guessed that you were closer to 12 than 47. Bitter hawk fans just want to spread their love.

Clonestar - you probably missed my earlier posts on this, but I'm selling "We're Not Last!" t-shirts to commemorate both Iowa and ISU's successful football seasons. These shirts come in black and gold and red and gold, can I put you down for an order?

7-5 (4th North)
5-7 (3rd North)
6-7 (8th)
6-6 (9th)

Yeah that's really a program moving in the right direction LOL.
What I see is bowl game, bowl game in the toughest conference in the country. I don't see 4-8 in what may be the weakest BCS conference in the country.

Clonestar - you probably missed my earlier posts on this, but I'm selling "We're Not Last!" t-shirts to commemorate both Iowa and ISU's successful football seasons. These shirts come in black and gold and red and gold, can I put you down for an order?
I will repeat what I told you before. No thanks, I will purchase a bowl t-shirt.

I would have certainly guessed that you were closer to 12 than 47. Bitter hawk fans just want to spread their love.

I'm bitter because you're on the leading University of Iowa athletics forum trying to sell clown bullschit that no one is buying?

Dude, really, please pat yourself on the back. Your...err, argument?...is cratering in such spectacular fashion that it is compelling to witness.
Wow.

What I see is bowl game, bowl game in the toughest conference in the country. I don't see 4-8 in what may be the weakest BCS conference in the country.

tumblr_m1ofx6ihQt1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I'm bitter because you're on the leading University of Iowa athletics forum trying to sell clown bullschit that no one is buying?

Dude, really, please pat yourself on the back. Your...err, argument?...is cratering in such spectacular fashion that it is compelling to witness.
Wow.
Hawk fans decided to spout off and show complete disrespect for the Clone because they are bitter about a failed season and the prospects of several more to come. I just point out that you don't know squat about ISU's future success in football and the fate of Coach Rhoads. You can't deal with it.......toughschit.

Hawk fans decided to spout off and show complete disrespect for the Clone because they are bitter about a failed season and the prospects of several more to come. I just point out that you don't know squat about ISU's future success in football and the fate of Coach Rhoads. You can't deal with it.......toughschit.

I would show complete disrespect for the Clones whether Iowa goes 10-2 or 2-10. How Iowa does is irrelevant to the progress of ISU's program. You're predicting ISU is on the rise and on it's way to 9 and 10 win seasons, when in reality you're program is at a standstill, and even regressing within the B12. Going from an 8th place finish to a 9th place finish is not evidence of a program on the rise.

Best 4-8 team in the country. How many BCS teams did you guys beat? And your conference is not the best in the country. The ACC is.

Nah, he finally has all of his own recruits in the system and he is working his plan. I would expect a few 6 or 7 win years followed by 8,9,or 10 win seasons. The foundation is in place now. He is not going anywhere. Why didn't Hayden Fry leave Iowa after he had success? Answer that and you will know why Rhoads will stay at ISU.

Lets look at the facts here. Rhoads has a total of 12 wins in the Big 12 in 4 seasons. He wins 3 conference games a year. His overall conference record is 12-22, and they have not yet finished out of the bottom 1/3 of the conference.

For me personally next year is the most telling year for Rhoads. If he can't move into the 8 win category, it ain't gonna happen. He has his players, his system is in place, the fans are all in, and he has to push the program into that "next level" that fans didn't think McCarney could get to (McCarney had 5 seasons that were as good or better than Rhoads best season).

Lets look at the facts here. Rhoads has a total of 12 wins in the Big 12 in 4 seasons. He wins 3 conference games a year. His overall conference record is 12-22, and they have not yet finished out of the bottom 1/3 of the conference.

For me personally next year is the most telling year for Rhoads. If he can't move into the 8 win category, it ain't gonna happen. He has his players, his system is in place, the fans are all in, and he has to push the program into that "next level" that fans didn't think McCarney could get to (McCarney had 5 seasons that were as good or better than Rhoads best season).
DMAC got to a bowl game in year 6. CPR went in year one. Comparing their 1st four years, you can see a stark difference. Rhoads is building the program for long term, and is gradually getting better recruits. This will pay off eventually. The B12 is no walk in the park.

It's god damn amazing how a 6-6 season gives you clown fans a special tingly feeling in your crotch.

I just find it amusing that the Hawks are left trying to minimize the Cyclones. Every other year, when Iowa does well is an overhyped B1G, we get the "Iowa doesn't care about ISU" speech. Now it appears you only post in ISU threads. Your insecurity is always entertaining.

DMAC got to a bowl game in year 6. CPR went in year one. Comparing their 1st four years, you can see a stark difference. Rhoads is building the program for long term, and is gradually getting better recruits. This will pay off eventually. The B12 is no walk in the park.

I think this post proves a lot of our points that Rhoads would be wise to strike while the iron is hot with a bigger coaching gig. First, the fact that you state it took McCarney 6 years to get to a bowl game shows just how much a fan base forgets a coach's past successes. The ISU football program was absolutely and without discussion horrendous when McCarney took it over. One of the worst in college football. The fact that he built ISU to bowl status is a truly remarkable accomplishment. Have ISU fans already forgotten what McCarney did for the school. There should be a commemorative coin and a building named after McCarney (seriously - he's as important to ISU as Hayden is to Iowa).

Which goes into the next point: McCarney should have left when the going was good b/c there is a ceiling at ISU, just like there is at Iowa, with how consistently good you can be. And when you start to butt up against that ceiling a couple of times in a row the fanbase starts clamoring for the "next level". Every fan base does it. And the coach suddenly goes from hero on campus to "we are tired of his shtick and only producing 7 win seasons.

The fact is that Rhoads has done a lot of great things in his 3 years in terms of notching some big wins. He may never be more marketable than he his now. But if ISU goes 7-5, 6-6 and 6-6 over the next 3 years , ISU fans will be ticked, his seat will get hot and his opportunity to jump to a school with a legit chance of winning a BCS conference championship will dry up. That's not meant to be a slight to ISU. I don't root against ISU. But ISU hasn't won a conference championship in over 100 years.

KF may very well want to go somewhere else, but he would have to take a pay cut. That's a big difference between the business/personal situation Rhoads in facing.

Latest posts