Barkley Hill in IC this weekend?

I have no idea what Hill plans on doing, and it won't surprise me at all if he sticks with his commitment to ISU. With that said, ISU has a lot of depth at RB as a Cyclone fan pointed out earlier in this thread. Iowa...not so much. Iowa can offer him what ISU can't until at least his junior year, and that's significant playing time. I'm not saying that he will change his commitment, but I would guess that the opportunity of playing time early on intrigues him.

i am not sure about depth, as Iowa list 6 rb on the roster, and one scholarship commit and Dawson is walking on as is Malloy who has a chance to recieve a scholly later on if he keeps out of trouble, that makes 9 rb's, i do expect 1-2 switching position, we do have depth but no established starters

i am not sure about depth, as Iowa list 6 rb on the roster, and one scholarship commit and Dawson is walking on as is Malloy who has a chance to recieve a scholly later on if he keeps out of trouble, that makes 9 rb's, i do expect 1-2 switching position, we do have depth but no established starters

herby nailin' it once again!

Want to list off these "9 rb's" for us herby? And Malloy isn't coming for certain, he was just told that if he's coming, then he has to walk on and earn a scholarship.

And why in the hell are you sooo obsessed with measurables? You stated earlier that measurables matter more than stars. Have you realized that Garmon and Malloy have the same measureables? So according to you, Malloy is just as talented since he's the same weight and height and can run the 40 just as fast. You make for some good laughs on this board, but boy does it suck sifting through your garbage posts.

that, and ISU is moving farther and farther from running the football, so traditional RB's may be hesitant to go there. much like iowa's problem recruiting WR's.

On what do you base that? ISU had more running plays (538) versus passing plays (484), and more rushing TDs (20) than passing (17). Iowa State - Cumulative Season Statistics If the rushing plays include sacks, it is still 50%+ rushing. I understand that ISU running a version of the spread may make it seem they are pass first, but that has not been the case in CPRs tenure.

Iowa on the other hand Iowa Official Athletic Site - Football had 80+ LESS rushing attempts than ISU. Their mix of rush/pass was very similar to ISU, just with less plays run.

Even if he decommited from ISU he would join the team in a year or two anyway after he leaves Iowa like every other running back. Thats when we will need him anyway.
. I have a serious question and I am not being a tylersash...why do clone fans spend time on an Iowa board? I am obviously an Iowa fan and enjoy browsing this board on my phone but I would never waste my time logging onto a clone board.

On what do you base that? ISU had more running plays (538) versus passing plays (484), and more rushing TDs (20) than passing (17). Iowa State - Cumulative Season Statistics If the rushing plays include sacks, it is still 50%+ rushing. I understand that ISU running a version of the spread may make it seem they are pass first, but that has not been the case in CPRs tenure.

Iowa on the other hand Iowa Official Athletic Site - Football had 80+ LESS rushing attempts than ISU. Their mix of rush/pass was very similar to ISU, just with less plays run.

How many of those are QB runs?

People were ticked when Jason Ford decommitted from Iowa...but they loved it when Albert Young decommitted from Wisconsin.

So it goes.

Kids dream to play for Iowa I'm sure. Given the fact he is a Cf guy, where I grew up, Cf is a very pro Iowa place. So I'm sure if Ia offers he will pull the trigger. No offense meant to ISU, but unless you grow up around Ames or within half an hour or so, you are most likely an Ia fan. However, if they ask him to walk on then he will stick with ISU. Kid can't realy go wrong either way, gets a free quality education to play a sport he loves.

Kids dream to play for Iowa I'm sure. Given the fact he is a Cf guy, where I grew up, Cf is a very pro Iowa place. So I'm sure if Ia offers he will pull the trigger. No offense meant to ISU, but unless you grow up around Ames or within half an hour or so, you are most likely an Ia fan. However, if they ask him to walk on then he will stick with ISU. Kid can't realy go wrong either way, gets a free quality education to play a sport he loves.

Iowa has already offered numnuts. He hasn't committed.

If Barkley has not recovered 100% from his knee injury I would not offer him a scholarship.

This.

Kid has a major knee injury, and the last guy we took in that situation has been a complete bust.

No way he can help us next year, so what's the point, other than to p*ss off the Clowns?

So am I numnuts, cause you might want to learn how to spell and puncuate to make it understandable. The way you wrote it I understand Barkley Hill to be numbnuts, but I think you meant to call me name. Anyway, he will just you wait.

So am I numnuts, cause you might want to learn how to spell and puncuate to make it understandable. The way you wrote it I understand Barkley Hill to be numbnuts, but I think you meant to call me name. Anyway, he will just you wait.

Sounds like you understood it just fine. Numnuts.

If you were Nick Sabin you would promise to give him a scholarship next year. You know, after you see if he is any good.

If you were Nick Sabin you would promise to give him a scholarship next year. You know, after you see if he is any good.

I think the injured player that Saban removed from this years class and "promised" him a schollie next year has started to look around a little.
Sounded like his injury was serious because teams all backed off after it happened. Either way, Saban wouldn't really get a chance to see him in game action again before next signing day. They would have to assume he has rehabbed it properly.

Not that I want to defend Nick Saban, and SEC recruiting practices.

Latest posts