Barkley Hill in IC this weekend?

This is a simple case of Iowa losing their typical haul of RB's and struggling to find depth. If Hill does in fact leave, it'll bother me a little bit, but I can't say that I'd blame him a whole lot. ISU has what appears to be quite a bit of depth and they're pretty young.

fr- Nealy, Standard (broke Montee Ball's high school records)
so- Hollis
jr- White, Woody, Johnson (if he can return to football, he will be eligible for a med rs)

That's 3, possibly 4 RB's with at least 3 years of eligibility left.

This is a simple case of Iowa losing their typical haul of RB's and struggling to find depth. If Hill does in fact leave, it'll bother me a little bit, but I can't say that I'd blame him a whole lot. ISU has what appears to be quite a bit of depth and they're pretty young.

so- Hollis
jr- White, Woody, Johnson (if he can return to football, he will be eligible for a med rs)

When did Johnson get hurt? Are you sure he'll be eligibile for medical? I thought it was later in the season that he was injured?

When did Johnson get hurt? Are you sure he'll be eligibile for medical? I thought it was later in the season that he was injured?

He was hurt in the Texas game. I don't remember exactly how the rules read, but I do remember that it was determined that he'd be eligible for a med rs. I think it's something along the lines of if a player has not completed more than 25% of the teams games. The Texas game was the 4th game of the season.

So given that a few of us would be OK with Hill backing out of his verbal to ISU, we'd be OK with Jaleel backing out of his to Iowa?

It's the kids choice to make where he wants to go, if he wants to switch so be it. But like another guy said, we are Iowa Hawkeye fans, so of course we want good things to happen to Iowa.

only when they sign on the line. should we have given reiff back to nebby?

I don't personally have a problem with it. Just interesting how so many fans ***** about Jaleel possibly backing out and how dirty MSU is, then turn into little school girls when the reverse happens.

so- Hollis

that, and ISU is moving farther and farther from running the football, so traditional RB's may be hesitant to go there. much like iowa's problem recruiting WR's.

that, and ISU is moving farther and farther from running the football, so traditional RB's may be hesitant to go there. much like iowa's problem recruiting WR's.

Coach Rhoads wants to keep a heavy run game. I think he really likes the read option, which requires the more shifty type back. Outside of Woody, all of the guys on the roster fit that bill. Hill would be a great back-up/replacement for Woody and I would guess that's how the staff sees him.

Even if he decommited from ISU he would join the team in a year or two anyway after he leaves Iowa like every other running back. Thats when we will need him anyway.

Even if he decommited from ISU he would join the team in a year or two anyway after he leaves Iowa like every other running back. Thats when we will need him anyway.

Only works that way in BBALL. I kid I kid. If he changes to Iowa, I will be happy. I know most ISU guys won't, but I like getting the Iowa kids to come to Iowa. I wish they would have offered him earlier, and was really hoping they would've been able to get Bevins to change his mind as well.

I know from his visit he was as solid of a commitment as they come. I dont blame a kid for taking a free visit but he loves Rhoads and will be a Clone.

I know from his visit he was as solid of a commitment as they come. I dont blame a kid for taking a free visit but he loves Rhoads and will be a Clone.

Was that before or after your OC left? Maybe that has softened his committment, i don't know.

I don't personally have a problem with it. Just interesting how so many fans ***** about Jaleel possibly backing out and how dirty MSU is, then turn into little school girls when the reverse happens.

Jaleel is our big name recruit so obviously none of us are going to be happy if he backs out and goes to MSU. Now we have a ISU commitment taking a look at Iowa, so tell us how we are supposed to react.

Dammit Hill, honor your commitment to Iowa State!!!!!

Feel better?

His lead recruiter was Courtney Messingham, who just got the promotion to OC. I don't think that has anything to do with it.
just asking. there has to be some reason for him to want to visit Iowa. I'm doubting it's the balmy weather this time or year and the exotic trip he might be getting.

Brett is right Hill has more of a connection with Messingham than he ever did with Herman. His dad and and Messingham are friends. Messingham getting OC job may be the cherry on top. ISU is going to go under center more. We are run first too. Again why wouldnt a kid take a free trip even in his home state. Plus this report came from Josh Newberg and not rivals or scout that tests its validity.

Because it is a big waste of time if your heart is set on Iowa State. He would not be visiting if he did not have some interest in coming to school at Iowa.

does it really matter, if he stays with his committment, i know i don't care, the thing to remember the kid stayed instate unlike the last 2 kids did in French and Darbogh.
beside we have a 4* rb recruit in Garmon,
Tevin Shaw looks like a very solid prospect;5'11 190lbs 4.42 40 3* out of New Jersey
Lynch 6'0 205 lbs 4.4 40 3* out of NY Oklahome and PSU WERE/ARE looking at him
so its not like we will be out on a limb without him

Latest posts