Bad News From Lee Sterling

One upset prediction -- so what? That's "bad news?" There are people picking against the Hawkeyes almost every week. I don't know anyone who thinks this will be a lopsided game. Iowa is playing with confidence and it wouldn't surprise me for Iowa to win by at least a touchdown, if not more. But, it will be the toughest test to date.

This guy is an idiot. no way ua scores 24 pts, & i dont care if your oline weighs an average of 350 pounds per player, size does not equal skill on the oline. no reference to how ua is going to stop the run, in fact, he gave very little in regards to the positives bout iowa.

He's a moron. Go back and watch last week's Iowa prediction. His website clearly has too much money coming in on Iowa and he needs to shift some of that liability. No talent a$$ clown.

Just one of several upset predictions, actually. But really, did anyone think the prognosticators were going to heavily favor Iowa? Come on. For one thing, it's IOWA...we should be used to being underestimated by now. Secondly it's the only game this week between ranked opponents so when people start looking for possible upsets of course they're going to point our way.

For my two cents, I think most people are right. Arizona will take some shots downfield, but it's going to be a lot of quick hitters to try and neutralize the D-line. If Iowa continues to tackle as well as they have in the first couple of games they'll limit the yards after catch and be in really good shape. If Arizona can break free for a couple of big gains it'll get interesting.

I think Iowa will be able to move the ball. Both our run and pass games are good enough that if AZ goes all in to stop one the other can make them pay. If Iowa's O-line is for real, I don't think Arizona will be able to stop the run without committing an extra man to the box...and then Reisner gets looks early and often. I don't know anything about AZ's linebackers, but I like our TE's against most linebackers just about every year.

A lot of folks are saying this is the week we find out how good Iowa is. Iowa is good. I don't feel there are a lot of questions remaining about most positions save one. O-line. To me this is the week we find out how good the offensive line is. If we learn they're as good as they've looked through two games, Iowa wins. If AZ exposes them, we lose.

Sterling is certainly no idiot...

This guy is an idiot. no way ua scores 24 pts, & i dont care if your oline weighs an average of 350 pounds per player, size does not equal skill on the oline. no reference to how ua is going to stop the run, in fact, he gave very little in regards to the positives bout iowa.

he does his homework and is more of a straight-shooter than most of the guys pushing their systems. He correctly called Kansas covering against GTech last week when everyone else was going with the Yellow Jackets.

It's not completely unreasonable for Arizona to score 24 points in this game. I would still give Iowa an excellent chance at winning if that's the case as Iowa can score on this team.

Re: Sterling is certainly no idiot...

It's not completely unreasonable for Arizona to score 24 points in this game.

Iowa has only given up more than 24 points 4 times in the last 2 years + 2 games in '10!

So you are right, it's not completely unreasonable, it's highly unlikely! Here's my proof:

Over the last 26 games to which I referred, our opponents have had an average score of 13. The median score over those 26 games is 16. 1 Standard deviation from that population is 8.

Very unlikely, and coming from a guy that has to be good at math to make a living running a betting website...Sterling didn't do his homework.

2243367242_14f7fffdcc.jpg

this guy predicted Iowa would lose to Michigan and Penn State last yr.......and he'll be wrong again this year.

this guy predicted Iowa would lose to Michigan and Penn State last yr.......and he'll be wrong again this year.

Jmarkhawk - thanks for showing us all why we shouldn't believe everything we hear on the internet. Epic Fail.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58SV7-qrlc]YouTube - Michigan vs Iowa 2009 CFB Prediction[/ame] - 2009 Michigan/Iowa..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmc3u8TzYdE]YouTube - Iowa vs Penn State Prediction CFB 2009[/ame] - 2009 Iowa/Penn State he calls Iowa covering...

Come on everyone....Why complain about Iowa not getting respect and talked up? The longer we can stay under the radar the better and you all know that! We have plenty of teams in front of us on our schedule that if we take care of business we will be there in the end. Lets enjoy being under the radar because that is when the Hawks are at their best!

Latest posts