Auburn Football Tragedy

I simplified nothing in your argument. It was simple to begin with. You know next to nothing about what happened, and pretend you have the "root cause" already. It's an incredibly sweeping generalization of yours.

And the analogy was apt. Children growing up playing cowboys and indians is pretty much exactly the same phenomenon you're referring to.

It's also clear you aren't well-versed in crime statistics over the last few decades. I'll give you a hint; they don't support your theory. Violent crime rates have fallen considerably since the beginning of "gangsta rap". That's a pretty big hurdle for you to overcome to make your point seem valid, don't you think?

OUTSTANDING POST, 'myno.
Very well stated.

False, thanks for pointing out that Alabama has a law similar to Florida's. With what little we know about what happened in this case, in your opinion, could this be a defense?

Face-to-face communication usually requires a civility that anonymity or distance does not. And, as a result, bluntness, hostility, and resentment can appear in cyberspace, where emotions are freed from the required niceties of public life. Racism thus appears on the Internet in a much more virulent form.

In cyberspace, racism is magnified; those who would not express racist ideas in public are offered a virtual catharsis by the faceless screen. Targets of racism face the truth of how the Internet racist feels about them, even though the cathartic cyber screamer may interact with them civilly in public life.

However, complexity enters into the behavior when the Internet racist feels both freedom to vent racial hostility online and guilt for betraying those with whom he or she has a positive relationship in the outside world. Since racism is always a generalization, the racist comments of the anonymous Internet user may in fact be directed at only a few, though presumably read by many. This causes a domino effect, where targets of racial Internet abuse respond in kind. Consequently, this further confirms and exacerbates the racist opinions held by the initiator of the cyber rant.

Just out of curiosity, why are the referred to as ex-players when I read that they were freshman and sophomores

What's wrong with promiscuity?

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

Really

No, bigotry and hatred are fine as long as they are against people who operate out of a position of fear, bigotry and hatred. Several examples up thread.

Yes, yours being a recurring theme on this board, I know.

There is never a reason to hate...besides making you a hypocrite, utilizing bigotry and hatred will never defeat bigotry and hatred.

Yes, yours being a recurring theme on this board, I know.

There is never a reason to hate...besides making you a hypocrite, utilizing bigotry and hatred will never defeat bigotry and hatred.

Your second sentence is a great one, and one that I will agree with.